cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dishnetwork Internet

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone here know about a Portable Antenna that will work for Dishnetwork Internet? I know they have the Tailgator for Satellite TV. I am looking for one that will work with their Internet.
God Bless!
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The equipment is not that costly either. See my post above.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
ventrman wrote:
wkswenson wrote:
I believe this has been asked before, but the internet service that DishNet service requires a permanent and professionally installed antenna that requires special pointing and metering. (Think someone said the equipment just to setup the dish was like $3000 or something)... Do a search for DishNet and you should find more details. Short of it is there is no mobile dish at this point for it..
I already have Dish Internet. It was nowhere near $3000

agree - the equipment the techs used to setup the dishes I have been told are costly.... Not the actual service. Sorry for the confusion.
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
wkswenson wrote:
I believe this has been asked before, but the internet service that DishNet service requires a permanent and professionally installed antenna that requires special pointing and metering. (Think someone said the equipment just to setup the dish was like $3000 or something)... Do a search for DishNet and you should find more details. Short of it is there is no mobile dish at this point for it..
I already have Dish Internet. It was nowhere near $3000
God Bless!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are at a fixed location long term and you do not have access to DSL or similar you can get satellite internet service but it's not really from Dish or DirecTV. They resell services from other vendors such as Wild Blue, Excede and Hughes.
If you want a mobile satellite internet service you can forget about Wild Blue and Excede as those services are spot beamed and cannot be relocated by us RVers. Hughesnet service is mobile, however, not the new Gen4 service. You must get "someone" to sell your the old HN7000S modem and the appropriate "very large" satellite internet antenna and tripod setup. New they are around $1200 but many are available used for a few hundred dollars. The other mobile satellite internet service is sold by Starband but their are many less users and help is hard to find.
Understand that consumer satellite internet like I am discussing is quite slow and suffers from high latency (delay) caused by the signal having to make 4 22,300 mile round trips to send the info and have it return to you. Average upload speeds are only about 100-150K (.1-.15MB) and download speeds around 1MB. Monthly service charges start around $60 but may cost as much as $80 for the service speeds listed above.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
I believe this has been asked before, but the internet service that DishNet service requires a permanent and professionally installed antenna that requires special pointing and metering. (Think someone said the equipment just to setup the dish was like $3000 or something)... Do a search for DishNet and you should find more details. Short of it is there is no mobile dish at this point for it.
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
No, it will not work for satellite internet. Dish sells the combo in areas were DSL is available. Your best bet on the road is campground WiFi and/or a 3G/4G modem like the MiFi.

You can get a 20 GB/month plan from Millenicom for $69.95/month.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit