cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DVR portability

beanboy
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings, what is the best method to watch show we've recorded at home and then watch on the road? Can we also record while traveling without cable hookup? We're planing an Alaska trip and wonder if we can watch and record on the road. A big concern is areas we can't use satellite because of trees, etc.
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can take your DVR form the house and watch your recorded programming on the road without a problem. If you ever want to watch live satellite TV or record satellite TV while you are away from home you will need to take a satellite TV along with you. There are fully automatic roof mounted antennas (bad in the trees and expensive but super convenient). These are available in both dome (many restrictions) or open face (same service as home). There are also portable antennas which come in automatic dome system or open faced manually pointed. If you think you would rather park in the trees than have an automatic antenna you just need to determine how much work you want to do and how much you want to pay.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Moved from Forum Technical Support

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Might depend on what system you have, e.g., Dish? With a 211 receiver and hard drive we can view our recordings without the Tailgater. I have no idea how Direct works, or Hughes.

We've always found a hole in treed areas. Once, we made due with just some of our channels.

Recording with a satellite signal should work there same as here.

I don't understand what you are asking regarding cable.

Dish CS says our current lower 48 package will work in Alaska. You best check with your provider.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."