cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Facebook to Begin Charging $2.99 Per Month on Nov. 1?

Or NOT! Just the latest Facebook user fee hoax to be making its way around the NET? Apparently, perpetrated by a parody news site using fake statements attributed to CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

However, the story was picked up by some legit news sites such as International Business Times (Australia Edition) which has now deleted the original article? But remained posted on their own Facebook page at present. Of which elicited some angry responses from current users.

The hoax was quickly refuted by sites such at the The Epoc Times.

22 REPLIES 22

This topic should have been archived automatically. Something else not working with the forum software? In any case, thread closed.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, this thread is from 6 years ago so it doesn't appear to have escalated. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, I've heard that one, but the only place I've heard of people actually doing it is on the internet. So does anyone actually know someone who has done it or are we just seeing another urban myth?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
I love the one going around where you could charge your new IPhone 6 by putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can't argue with that.^^^^^^^^^^^ After all, where would people post all these stupid "selfies"?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

az99
Explorer
Explorer
I think it would be worth at least $19.99 per month. Seems only fair they should start charging for such a valuable and much needed service.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
This story is either true or not:

IF TRUE: Saves me a bunch of time every day
if not: well, I continue to waste time reading the very funny posts from folks like George Taki and Allegiance He (And they, and yes there is a relation) have some good ones... Like the sign "In case of fire break glass" Behind the glass was graham crackers, Marshmallows and a Hershey's bar.

Why waste a good fire?
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
There is nothing on Facebook that says you have to reveal your true identity. You can create an account without using your real name and let your family and friends know who you are. Facebook is a great way to communicate with family while on the road.

FB also has video chat which is free, doesn't require any additional information to use. If both parties have a video cam it hooks right up by pushing the "video chat" button.

You can review any possible "friends" or contacts, eliminate anyone you want and manage your account.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
I thought that was what Twitter is for? :B
I thought Twitter was little old ladies did when they got together.

:R
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

TheBearAK wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
I do not use face book or any other media where my real identity is known. Facebook is too risky for others to know your personal business. I am old school there. If I want you to know about my private life I will call you.
No, I simply stay away from facebook. My wife never posts anything now, just just reads everyone elses insanity!

You mean you don't want to know what I had for breakfast? LOL

I thought that was what Twitter is for? :B

TheBearAK
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I do not use face book or any other media where my real identity is known. Facebook is too risky for others to know your personal business. I am old school there. If I want you to know about my private life I will call you.
No, I simply stay away from facebook. My wife never posts anything now, just just reads everyone elses insanity!

You mean you don't want to know what I had for breakfast? LOL

I did an experiment. Created a new email address and new Facebook user with a totally invented name. Invited everyone that I have on my friends list to join in. Almost everyone "friended" the new character. Only my family did not, which surprised me. It means I taught them well I guess.

I was hoping Facebook charging was true so people would wake up to the fact that Facebook is a giant piece of garbage that collects your info and will easily share it out to the rest of the world. Not that any others are any better, but at least Google already knows everything about you anyway. ๐Ÿ˜›

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
strollin wrote:
If it's on the internet it HAS to be true. They can't post anything on the internet that isn't true. :B

Bonjour!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

diveman52
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone dumb enough to put all the info on any social network site should pay for the privilege of being stupid
40+ Years in Electrical construction.
Retired IBEW Local 595
Every Days Saturday
2008 Newmar Dutch Star 4035

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
Check out http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/fbcharge.asp
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA