cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full time RV Dish

kellygirl6767
Explorer
Explorer
In my sticks and bricks home, I had DISH Network. I have brought my satellite and receiver with me. I am on hold with DISH now to try and get set up. One tech tells me I need the Tailgater, another says I can hook up with the equipment I have. Has anyone out here brought their equipment from a home with them to use as a full-time RVer?
On the Rhoda again!
16 REPLIES 16

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Well both techs are correct. Yes you can use the equipment you have if you know how to set it up and aim the dish. If not then the Tailgater will make life a lot simpler and easier.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
kellygirl6767 wrote:
In my sticks and bricks home, I had DISH Network. I have brought my satellite and receiver with me. I am on hold with DISH now to try and get set up. One tech tells me I need the Tailgater, another says I can hook up with the equipment I have. Has anyone out here brought their equipment from a home with them to use as a full-time RVer?

You take both your Satellite Receiver and the dish antenna from home and use it with the RV? Then you should not have to call Dish for some "setup" at all....as long as you can re-aim your Dish.

The only problem you will run into on longer trips is you may likely move out of the 'spot beam' from Dish satellite that carries your local channels. In this case you have two options to keep network channels: use your RV Over-the-Air antenna for local networks, Or, Call up Dish customer service and ask them to change your " SERVICE ADDRESS" to your present address for camping.....do NOT ask them to change your BILLING address. When you return home from a trip you would then need to call Dish again to change your SERVICE address back to your home address.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad