cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin BC-30 Backup Camera

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 34' travel trailer and I already own a Garmin GPS that will work with a Garmin BC-30 wireless back-up camera but I'm a little concerned about the distance from the camera and the GPS.

Have any of you fine folks used this setup with your travel trailer?

Thanks.

Bill J.
Lexington, KY
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.
4 REPLIES 4

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't ask but one piece of info they don't tell you about the BC-30 is it only works with the Garmin in the horizontal mode. I have used my GPS vertical for years because of the better view down the road. My setup is on a B so I don't know about the distance question. I like it other than having to run my GPS horizontal now.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
phil-t wrote:
I have that on my pickup. Yoiu need to set it up where you want it to test if it will work. There are interference things that can, or will, affect the signal. Garmin offers an extion cable, camera to transmitter, so you can move that transmitter to a suitable location.

x2 mount the transmitter on the tongue and run the extension cable to the camera. Our trailer is also over 30ft and garmin did it correct, transmitter remote from camera. NEVER have had any interference with ours. IIRC the remote transmitter comes with the camera along with a shorter cord. Just order the longer cord from Garmin.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
I have that on my pickup. Yoiu need to set it up where you want it to test if it will work. There are interference things that can, or will, affect the signal. Garmin offers an extion cable, camera to transmitter, so you can move that transmitter to a suitable location.
2014 Allegro 36LA

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I have the Garmin BC 20 camera and had to mount the sensor to the front of my trailer to get a good signal.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400