cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda 2200i travel

seekingsummits
Explorer
Explorer
Im getting ready to head to yellowstone and glacier for a couple weeks and was just wondering how to safely travel w my honda generator I recently got. I just want to make sure the oil and gas arent sloshing around over any bumps etc and getting to where they shouldnt be so was wondering what the best way was to travel w these. Should i just put in the bed of the truck and strap it down?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Follow-up
Vibration is not a problem either when traveling nor when running when parked.
We strap it securely with a ratchet strap and a security lock.

https://i.imgur.com/sJ9ZRNsl.jpg

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not sure about oil but if the crankcase is vented the vent will be high enough it won't slosh out if upright.

Gas tank is sealed.. in fact true story... Campground used some 2000i generators for a halloween thing.. One at the station where I was kept stalling... They forgot to open the tank vent (A knob in the center of the gas cap).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
We've put 10's of thousands of miles on our honda generators (2200 and 2000) in the back of the truck. I just pack stuff so it won't tip over. And the honda let's you completely seal off the gas cap to avoid any spills. Just make sure the cap is in the "off" posiiton.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

seekingsummits
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent. Thanks all. Goal is to try and secure an ez/smart start device before I head out on the 8th and actually try to use the genny too but time is slowly dissipating.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
A non issue if the genny is secured.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I've towed mine (EU2000i) around for 15 years both in the front storage of the trailer or in the back of the Suburban with no issues. Just make sure you shut the gas cap off in storage and more importantly set to on for use.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just throw mine in the back of my pickup truck. I do use a bungee cord to be sure it stays upright. Been doing this for 6 years now with no problems.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

seekingsummits
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. And the road vibration doesnt bother it or anything? Not trying to be over protective of a well made product but also not wanting to carelessly transport it either.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We carry our Westinghouse igen2500 on the tongue of the trailer between the propane tanks and trailer.