cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I copy (not export) my Gmail contact list?

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I want to copy, not export, my Gmail contacts to a folder. I don't have a printer, or I would print the list. I've done an Internet search and can't find the answer.

There's no "select all" button to click on so I can copy them.
Does anyone have the answer?
Thanks in advance. Ed
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
3 REPLIES 3

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I found a simple fix on another forum

"Access contacts page thru Gmail, choose โ€˜PRINTโ€™ and then change the Printer drop down to โ€˜Save as PDFโ€™. Select all contacts. Click โ€˜Saveโ€™ and choose the file location you want to save it to.."

I was surprised I didn't think of that. Simple and worked fine.

EDIT: I should apologize to the two above respondents. You were essentially telling me the same thing, but it didn't sink in. :S
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mr. Ed,
Here is the way I would do it. There may be a much easier way and if there is I am sure someone here will let us both know.:)

Compose -> To -> Select All -> Insert -> Click on top one, hold down "shift" key, scroll down to last one and click on it while keeping the shift key down. Right click with the mouse and select "copy" This will select the whole list and copy it to the clipboard. -> Open word processor of your choice and start a new document. Paste your list into your new document and save it to your computer in the file format you prefer.

I use Open Office Writer for my word processor. I like it because it lets me save files in many formats and also to convert them to PDF's when I want.

Hope this helps you out a bit.:) There may well be an easier, quicker way to do it but this works and is what I have done in the past. I am sure someone will let us know if there is a better way.:W
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Open an Address Book, select all of the contacts and copy/paste the resulting text list.

Update: For current versions of W10 and Thunderbird.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob