cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do they stay in business?

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
I needed to order a battery box vent cover. Mine has just gotten brittle and broken from years of sun and weather.

Found the exact replacement part on Camping World online store. I'm thinking "super". $5.50 +. Went to order and was floored with better than $15 for shipping. Are you friggin kidding me?? A piece of 4X4" plastic that you can easily stick in a shipping envelope? That is absolute robbery!!

Went to ebay and fouond the same item for $6.49 and FREE shipping.

Camping World is no longer in my "favorites" and will not renew my Good Sam membership if they are going to constantly fleece customers. There are other options!
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude
49 REPLIES 49

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
empty_nest wrote:
I needed to order a battery box vent cover. Mine has just gotten brittle and broken from years of sun and weather.

Found the exact replacement part on Camping World online store. I'm thinking "super". $5.50 +. Went to order and was floored with better than $15 for shipping. Are you friggin kidding me?? A piece of 4X4" plastic that you can easily stick in a shipping envelope? That is absolute robbery!!

Camping World is no longer in my "favorites" and will not renew my Good Sam membership if they are going to constantly fleece customers. There are other options!

So you are against the free enterprise system where every retailer is free to set their prices without government intervention?
The alternative is government controlled pricing.
MAKE YOUR CHOICE.

What??? What does any of this have to do with the government? The free enterprise system is exactly the point. There are much better options than CW. Shop around!! Had I not paid attention, I'd have been on the hook for an item that cost 3 times to ship than the value of the item.
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
maybe CW is waiting for amazon to ship it to them.lol

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
empty_nest wrote:

So you are against the free enterprise system where every retailer is free to set their prices without government intervention?
The alternative is government controlled pricing.
MAKE YOUR CHOICE.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
CW is definitely behind the curve with their shipping rates and facility.

I recently ordered a $250 item that was cheaper with them than Amazon and was waiting for a shipping acknowledgment that never came.

I DID get an order acknowledgment, but had to email Customer Service to get shipping info.

With Amazon, you get texts and/or emails and are a click away from a full shipping status.

It also took over a week to get it while Amazon is usually no more than 1-2 days.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
People click the pay now button without due diligence.

They add it all up....the $20.00 is still cheaper than the dealer price of $29.99, so they THINK they got a deal.

You, on the other hand, checked around...saved enough money to buy ice cream on your next camping adventure.