cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting 32" Samsung TV on ceiling

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
The instruction for this TV tells me not to mount it at greater than a 15 degree angle. Anybody know why ??
I have a ceiling mount that will let it fold up against ceiling (horizontal ) for transport, but I'm wondering if that is going to damage screen.Any input would be appreciated
6 REPLIES 6

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your help. It probably is the strength issue.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the TV is above the mount when stowed I would not worry about it. If the TV is below the mount then I would incorporate the base mounting bolts into the mounting.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Moved from Forum Technical Support

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
If it's a liquid crystal display (LCD) television...maybe if you mount it on the ceiling, the liquid in the display will leak out.....:B
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
This is purely a guess, but I would surmise that the mounts are made to support the TV vertically. The mounts are probably not designed to support the weight of the TV if it's not vertical - the mounts could/would pull out of the case when it's horizontal, but when vertical they have the benefit of the TV's case for support. Think sheer force required to break it versus pulling force.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I imagine it has to do with mechanical stress on the mounting holes. They're probably only set into the plastic frame, and mounting at a more severe angle might over-stress the holes causing the screws to rip out and the tv possibly falling.

if you have some sort of strap to help support the weight while the tv is stowed, i'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed