cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Polaroid P909C Tablet -- Will not stay on.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I do not know anything about tablets. My GGS has a Polaroid Tablet. I have charged it for 2 days with a known good charger and good cable. When I attempt to turn it on (with or without the charger plugged in) I need to hold in the start button for a few seconds. Then the Polaroid "flash screen" comes on and the words Polaroid flashes different colors for less than a minute. Then the screen goes blank -- the tablet turns off.

Any suggestions??
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
4 REPLIES 4

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you can resurrect it. As you suspect, it's not an especially expensive or powerful tablet. But if it was good enough and you do have to trash it, remember to remove the SD card (if in there).

Some of the STEM schools have programs that love donations like this - even not working. Our STEM schools have programs where they give non-working electronics to elementary school students and encourage them to take 'em apart!

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
This shows how to use a paper clip to reset it. In a nutshell it says that if the tablet malfunctions you can use the reset button to restart it. Look for a small indentation on the back.

Yes that will be my last option before trash.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
This shows how to use a paper clip to reset it. In a nutshell it says that if the tablet malfunctions you can use the reset button to restart it. Look for a small indentation on the back.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
How old is it? Can the battery be replaced? Is there a hard reset capability? If not may be time for a new device.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT