cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV APP

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an I-pad APP especially made for RV application that would provide a warning for any given road as far as low bridge height, too curvy for a long trailer etc.?
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
21 REPLIES 21

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I dislike the Rand McNally unit we have and when the time comes, I going to try Sygic GPS Navigation. They have a truckers app with an RV sub choice. Can apply weight and size of your rig.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the Copilot RV app. I bought it years ago for $6.99 on sale. You can set the height of your RV to avoid low bridges and it will also allow you to avoid tunnels where propane is restricted. It is a stand alone system because the maps are downloaded to your phone so you don't need cell towers. When I use the tow car I just change the vehicle profile to car. Much better and cheaper than my previous Garmin's. You can put it on your IPad also if you want a bigger screen.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
agesilaus wrote:
Streets and Trips and the Microsoft software are very out of date, 2015, and it has other major problems like being very slow, so slow that you are well past a turn when it orders you to do the turn. We resisted for years adopting a stand alone nav unit but finally gave in and are happy with the results.

I have not used that for years. In fact a couple computers ago. it's been that long (I think it was 2013) Now days I mostly use a combination of Google maps. Paper maps and printed directions.. Depending on how far and how reliable Cellular coverage is.

But when using a GPS be sure to engage brain and eyes because the old

"Turn RIGHT" (Turns right and runs into a flower shop) "In 800 feet"

Way too many do just that.

If a long trip or a big ride I go over paper maps of the planned route before turning key.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Streets and Trips and the Microsoft software are very out of date, 2015, and it has other major problems like being very slow, so slow that you are well past a turn when it orders you to do the turn. We resisted for years adopting a stand alone nav unit but finally gave in and are happy with the results.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do now know of any app or program or device designed specifically for RVers (Never tried the one mentioned up thread)

But there are map/GPS programs/Devices for Truckers.. Never uses one so don't know the features but Co-Pilot has been mentioned.

I used other General use softweare like the well named Streets and Trips from Miorosoft.. Sometimes it sent you down streets.. Sometimes it was a "TRIP" (Think bad acid_) .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
X2 Works great
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
RVTW (RV trip wizard) will route you around them and show them on the map but not warn you audibly. I don't know of one that will sound an alarm.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper