cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut phone number to connect DNS with DirectV

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
After 45 minutes with a person who barely spoke English, never understood what an affidavit was and could not tell me if mine had arrived, I finally gave up getting my DNS reinstated.

This person consistently tried to explain that I could only get the networks for my mailing address while I explained that I have had DNS activated and deactivated at least 7 times over the last 20 years.

Does anyone know how to get around all the BS and how to get to someone who understands the meanings of RV, DNS and affidavit?
23 REPLIES 23

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get the phone number from DirecTv’s web site “moving your DirecTV” It takes you straight to service to change your zip code to those local stations. You don’t need no stinking DNS because you get the local stations. Those service people know what and how to do it painlessly. And it’s FREE !

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. I am aware of the current rules. Years ago, you I didn't have to choose. They activated all of the DNS channels, East and West. My wife loved this, because she could pick up her favorite shows from the West if she missed them first time around, in the East. This was pre-DVR.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't really think there is anyway to get hold of the folks in the DNS department as I suspect that there is not a DNS department. If you have your receiver setup you can tune to channel 390/391 to see if you are receiving programming. You will get EITHER NY or LA but not both. That decision is based upon where the RV is registered and not something you get to choose.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
OK. I get it. You get LA as your home locals.

All I'm really looking for is a shortcut to get to the right person by phone to check my affidavit and get my DNS activated. I really don't plan to travel until September so I think I may wait a couple more weeks to make sure the affidavit gets on file.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
mikestock wrote:
Sounds like you just switched from East to West.
No, what I'm trying to say is the LA locals are the DNS western feed. I do not have DNS.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I recently switched my locals to LA. I get them all over the western US. No DNS necessary to receive just the western feed. If you need both, different story.

Sounds like you just switched from East to West. I am trying to do an initial setup since they don't allow my previous setup to qualify me for reinstating service.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I recently switched my locals to LA. I get them all over the western US. No DNS necessary to receive just the western feed. If you need both, different story.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I had implied that I was waiting to see if my form had been processed yet. I mailed it about 3 weeks ago. She had no idea what I was asking about, when I wanted to know if the affidavit had been processed yet. In the past, I had to call before I actually got connected. I have been through this process several times, but with a person who had English for their first language. Apparently, this young lady's supervisor didn't even understand what I was calling about.

If I can't get to talk to someone with a little savvy, I don't see how to will ever get through this process. The last time I had DNS activated was about 5 years ago and I turned it off about 3 years ago to save the $15/month.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
mikestock wrote:
After 45 minutes with a person who barely spoke English, never understood what an affidavit was and could not tell me if mine had arrived, I finally gave up getting my DNS reinstated.

This person consistently tried to explain that I could only get the networks for my mailing address while I explained that I have had DNS activated and deactivated at least 7 times over the last 20 years.

Does anyone know how to get around all the BS and how to get to someone who understands the meanings of RV, DNS and affidavit?

Mail the form to the address shown. This cannot be done by phone.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?