cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TURBO TAX

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I did our tax return and my mothers tax tax return under one user id number in Turbo Tax...

When I go in to start our 2014 tax return it only brings up my mothers tax return and not ours...any ideas??????

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

11 REPLIES 11

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
magicbus wrote:
..as we recently learned, if you efile through them they keep your return in their database too.
I love that, because they keep all your static info, plus they show you what you did last year. No paper, no forms...makes filing a breeze!

I'm not sure if my SSI statement is online, but I'm working on it. Now, if TT would go to SSA and my retirement board and grab my numbers, that would be really neat.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Call them. Your return is there. The online version always retains a copy.
And as we recently learned, if you efile through them they keep your return in their database too.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Explorer
Explorer
Move your mother's tax return Turbo Tax file out of the folder it is in. Make sure yours is in there. Put your mother's file into a folder with an obscure name- if it still comes up, change the extension on the file BUT make sure you know exactly what it was changed from as you will need to put it back the way it was when you need to do her return. If you did these with the online version, no may not have a copy on your computer and if you have to rely on their cloud storage you may not be able to recover your tax return without help from Turbo Tax.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call them. Your return is there. The online version always retains a copy.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like he used the online version. I install from CD. Does the online version save a copy on your computer or do you rely on a copy from Intuit's cloud.

strollin
Explorer
Explorer
Tom N wrote:
Search your computer for *.tax2013

This is the file extension for 2013 tax year TurboTax files.

2014 TT will use these *.tax2013 files to import data for your 2014 returns.

Yup. There should be 1 of these files foe EACH return you filed for 2013.
Me, her, 2 boys & 2 girls
'05 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4, D/A
Reese Dual Cam HP
'04 Wilderness Advantage 290FLS
Twin Honda 2000s

"I'd rather wear out than rust out!"

See our pics here

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
You can save the tax return under different names. When you ope turbo tax, open the file you want. I've done this many times and never had a problem. But, if you did your return, then your mothers without saving it under a different file name, you might not be able to retrieve the original file. Good luck!

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Search your computer for *.tax2013

This is the file extension for 2013 tax year TurboTax files.

2014 TT will use these *.tax2013 files to import data for your 2014 returns.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Joe_in_Texas
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Turbo Tax for 9 years - never a problem.
Last week I received a letter from IRS that my account had a balance, the amount I had sent to IRS for tax due, but they have not received my 2013 return to apply the balance. My return was e-filed by Turbo Tax. I called Turbo Tax and after 3 hours on the phone was able to print my 2013 file and send to IRS. After checking their files - Turbo Tax said they could not find where it had been submit by them. No explanation available. I could show where I had paid them to do so.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always save my individual returns in PDF format with specific filenames.

I may have a similar problem this year as I have changed computers and havent started my 2014 yet. Hope it finds last years entries so I don't have to type them in. I copied my last years returns on a zip drive.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you set up a different account and ID for both your return and your mom's, it's unlikely that you can recover your return if you did your mom's last. At least that's my experience.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)