sullivd
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used HULU for tv while traveling? Opinions pleae
19 REPLIES 19

vipar
Explorer
Explorer
Why aren't there English-language channels? Have you been told this fact?

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Well Damon put this Winegard Thing on my roof. I upgraded it and up till late last year when I "Oopsed" and forgot to lower it it worked great.

SO I put a new Sensar IV head up there and it works even Greater.

zap 2 it dot com (obvious mods) lists shows you can get

I do subscribe to an electronic TV guide (Same database as the free Zap2it but that is so I can do all those things "Only our over priced hyper expensive service lets you do" Including pause, fast forward, jump forward/backward download to mobile device. start in one room finish in another. and so on.
The OP asked about receiving HULU. What you are saying is not relative. You will never receive HULU with your antenna.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mbiviano wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
Pay for TV.. Why would I do that????

Iโ€™m open to suggestions, whatโ€™s your free alternative?

Well Damon put this Winegard Thing on my roof. I upgraded it and up till late last year when I "Oopsed" and forgot to lower it it worked great.

SO I put a new Sensar IV head up there and it works even Greater.

zap 2 it dot com (obvious mods) lists shows you can get

I do subscribe to an electronic TV guide (Same database as the free Zap2it but that is so I can do all those things "Only our over priced hyper expensive service lets you do" Including pause, fast forward, jump forward/backward download to mobile device. start in one room finish in another. and so on.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't have internet, WiFi, or cell service, the only option is satellite,and then you need a clear view of the southern sky. The only thing that will work, if you have power, is DVDs. At times the news is good to have, as you wonder if the glow on the Western horizon is a beautiful sunset, or thermal nuclear war. Then again, its just nice to be around a campfire and watch the wild things start wandering around.
Wildmanbaker

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, not much camping. However, Pine Lake campground just opened a large open air camping area that was perfect when we first arrived. Large, long FHU sites with easy in and easy out! Very nice!
We are staying on some private property just E. of Athens off Lexington Rd.

I know Pine Lake below Watkinsville in Bishop. Friend has a permanent lot for his 5er there.

If you are on Lexington Rd in ACC try the BBQ place east of Gaines School Rd. Good food and a lot of it
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Horsedoc wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
We have been in Athens, GA since November and there are no English speaking channels available. Thank goodness for satellite TV! I am able to watch local Atlanta News from Atlanta but only channel 2 has an app available so ABC it is for the morning and evening news and then back to satellite.

Where are you staying in Athens, Bill. Not a lot of RV parks available in ACC is there?

No, not much camping. However, Pine Lake campground just opened a large open air camping area that was perfect when we first arrived. Large, long FHU sites with easy in and easy out! Very nice!
We are staying on some private property just E. of Athens off Lexington Rd.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
I am going to guess that since you are asking about HULU that you already have that in the sticks and bricks. Since you probably already have HULU, one can also assume you have a smart TV or some device, like a roku, apple tv, firestick, etc that allows your TV to play content broadcast on the internet. The 3rd assumption is you also have internet and wifi, because you can't use the above methods without it.

The same methods for getting HULU, (youtube, sling - any internet content via TV) in your house also apply to your RV. You need a smart TV (or some device to receive internet to your TV if it's not smart) and internet. The only major difference in your RV is that you will require portable internet or rely on CG wifi. And the best portable Internet is usually a hot spot and for streaming content, preferably a plan with unlimited data.

It's so easy now to take our firestick, plug it into the TV in the coach, fire up the hotspot and poof. Purely mobile TV (provided you have a decent cell signal)

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
It is amazing to an oldie like me how many over the air stations are now
in a foreign language .

We still have Direct Tv standard definition so we can have in motion TV .
Yeah I know it's way over priced and there are more channels than I
would ever care to watch but we are comfortable with its operation for now .

I have a mobley that works well and maybe I'll try streaming someday but
for now it's hard to beat satellite for in motion .

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
We have been in Athens, GA since November and there are no English speaking channels available. Thank goodness for satellite TV! I am able to watch local Atlanta News from Atlanta but only channel 2 has an app available so ABC it is for the morning and evening news and then back to satellite.

Where are you staying in Athens, Bill. Not a lot of RV parks available in ACC is there?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
going down the road we can use our Verizon MiFi for internet, and then DW and GKids can stream what they want to their tablets. Mostly they watch Netflix and YouTube. Parked I can usually get many OTA channels on my crank-up antenna with HDTV add-on...if I'm not sitting out in BFE where the sun don't shine.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use just our antenna and built in booster, over the air and many times have as many as 40 channel.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:

Let's see? Why pay? Maybe because you would like to watch the channels YOU chose and not the ones that are available? You want to watch TV when no internet is available? You want to watch TV using the internet but you have a limited plan (and mostly all of us do). You want to watch TV but there is no OTA signal?
Do I really need to go on?

Mbiviano
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

Iโ€™m open to suggestions, whatโ€™s your free alternative?
Matt
2015 Forest River Wildcat 337FB Bunkhouse
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW PSD LB
Me/Wife/Twins/Dog