cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon $50 unlimited internet

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone else seen this advertised? I wonder if it can be used in a RV also. I am not at all electronically smart and don't understand half of this stuff.
But if I could use this at home, way cheaper than my current service, and also in our RV that'd be great.
Thoughts? (in simple english, please)
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
7 REPLIES 7

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you don't stream, it's a great option.

If you do, expect slow speeds at times even when you haven't hit the throttling limit.

A lot depends on what you stream and your expectations.
- If you are trying to watch 4k quality video (top of the line), it's going to struggle.
- If you are willing to drop back to VGA (old low resolution computer standard) and the site you are watching allows you to select a low resolution, even throttled speeds usually works. For example, on Youtube, you can select the video quality.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Anyone else seen this advertised? I wonder if it can be used in a RV also. I am not at all electronically smart and don't understand half of this stuff.
But if I could use this at home, way cheaper than my current service, and also in our RV that'd be great.
Thoughts? (in simple english, please)

I assume you're talking about their Home Internet service. They only work in selected areas at this time. They are truly unlimited but probably will not work many places you travel at this time. T-Mobile has a similar product with the same problem.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
When you use, say 20gb, they throttle it down considerably. No watching anything that streams.....

Concur !

You have to read the fine print !! Almost all deals either throttle the throughput or charge extra once some limit is reached.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the fine print on any "good deal" in wireless service. Hotspots are often throttled, unlimited is only unlimited to a point, you may not get service where you need it.. the list is long.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Verizon's Visible service is a better deal. Unlimited 4G/5G data speeds with no throttling. Though can only connect one device at a time with hotspot. Requires an approved smartphone. Anyone should qualify to get it for $25. month with Party Pay.

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
When you use, say 20gb, they throttle it down considerably. No watching anything that streams.....

Been using our Verizon Mifi for a couple of years to stream and generally no problems, except in Orlando where we had to get a new, T-Mobile Mifi for better service quality. T-Mobile is about the same cost, and both have unlimited service with the caution that they slow it down after a certain usage, but even then we are able to stream to our satisfaction.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II