cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VIP211k DVR

StaJs
Explorer
Explorer
I want to enable the DVR feature on our VIP211k for a program thats on tonight. I have a 750G that I can use for now but would like to upgrade to a 2TB later on. Can this be done or are you locked to the drive you have when you get the DVR feature enabled?
6 REPLIES 6

angler
Explorer
Explorer
rbtglove wrote:
As I recall - The user manual says that thee hard drive should have a power connection and not be over 750K but I know from trying that you can go at least 1TB and I've heard the power may not be necessary.

I've tried to use a portable one without the power supply and it worked for about a week then stopped. I would recommend the power supply one.
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I have used wd passport.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
As I recall - The user manual says that thee hard drive should have a power connection and not be over 750K but I know from trying that you can go at least 1TB and I've heard the power may not be necessary.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

StaJs
Explorer
Explorer
Alright. Just what I was looking for. Thanks..

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
angler wrote:
You can switch out the drives. Think Dish charges 40 dollar to enable the receiver then you can plug the drive in. It will reformat it when you plug it in.

I can confirm this. $40 and use any drive you want.

angler
Explorer
Explorer
You can switch out the drives. Think Dish charges 40 dollar to enable the receiver then you can plug the drive in. It will reformat it when you plug it in.
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244