cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voice on nuvi 780

larchambeau
Explorer
Explorer
The voice on my Garmin nuvi 780 wanders in and out almost every time I use it.

When it is working right it is just fine. Then the next time, it says I have no voice activated at all. Without doing anything to it, it will re-appear at random at a later date.

Does anyone have any clues about this?
Thanks, Larry
No longer have my truck.
Seasonal all the way, now
2000 Sunnybrook 30RKFS 1-Slide 5th Wheel
3 REPLIES 3

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just reset the Garmin and you should be fine. When was the last time you went to Garmin's website and updated your unit's firmware??? That unit has been out of production for about 5 years. If it still has the original firmware, it needs to be updated. While you're at it, you can update to some new voices if you're tired of the same old, same old.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Larry, are you being mean and arguing with the voice in the box, like I do? I made my old nuvi so mad that it quit talking to me 3 times on our Alaska trip a couple of years ago. I had to change voices each time to get it back. The only conclusion I came to is that I must be winning most arguments.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Our Nuvi has "crashed" a couple times and no audio is heard, checking the setting finds that is (usually) has been reset to the first language on the list, which is Afrikaans. Which may not be loaded
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.