cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wanted to purchase side mirrors

hfreeman
Explorer
Explorer
Last Friday I called the nearest Camping World (Akron, Oh)to get a price for power side mirrors for my class c on a 2009 Ford E350 chassis. The salesperson asked the coach manufacturer and responded- we do not carry Gulfstream so we can not get mirrors for you. I was not asking for an installed price, just how much for the mirrors. Since the mirrors are based on the Ford chassisn not the coach I can not understand why he would not sell me mirrors. I am a Good Sam member and a Presidents club member, so why won't he sell to me? How did know if maybe I purchased the coach used from them, but he did not ask.
6 REPLIES 6

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it would matter if you did by the unit used from them. If they don't carry Gulfstream products, then they don't carry Gulfstream products. Hard to sell you a part that they don't have.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

generation_XYZ
Explorer
Explorer
" Gulfstream " looks like a manufacturer and usually manufacturer do not sell the products because usually they are in contract with their dealers that they will not sell the goods at their end. Just let you know that you can just get the mirrors from the dealers and one thing must be kept in mind that dealers must be authorized by that company so you could get the genuine side mirrors without any problem.

Olde_Volks_Plac
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the PH# to VELVAC Mirror Co. 1 800-783-8871

They are the leading mfg for extended RV & towing mirrors/Moving van mirrors
Also check out their web site as they offer alot of choices
Hope this help

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of c-class MHs use Velvac Mirrors on the Ford based units. I don't know if CW is a retailer for them or not.
The mirrors are not made by Ford(GM) or Gulfstream,Winnebago etc.
In addition to the chassis, you will also need the width of the MH box to get the proper mirrors, arm length.

Beverley and Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try to google "2009 e350 power towing mirrors" then hit the shopping tab at the top of the page? I find a bunch that they will ship right to your door for about $100 per side. Good luck
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
My only thoughts are they "They" only sell through their authorized dealers. So you may have to find a Gulfstream dealer or if they are a Ford Mirror, perhaps a Ford Truck center.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT