cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless Camera repeater?

BlindGuynAR
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Camera package on my TV which includes side mirror, cab camera, and a wireless backup camera for the trailer. Branded echomaster, but likely just rebranded by them.

Clicky to Intellihaul

I think my trailer is just a bit to long.

I can use it to back up (most of the time) day or night, but I'd also like to use it while driving.

Most of the time it works at night while driving. The Camera is wired into the lights as power and yes when trying in the daylight lights are on. During the day it is spotty and comes in/out while driving.

Speed seems to play a part 70mph vs. 55mph is less spotty. And I guessing solar interference maybe as the day vs. night explanation? At night it's good at nearly any speed.

Is anyone aware of or had any luck installing a repeater to help bridge the distance?

I've tried higher db antennas, directional antennas, and EMI noise suppressors.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
2013 Montana 346LBQ Mountainer edition
2017 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW
- B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
- Transfer Flow 40ga aux tank/tool box
- Gatorback Mud Flaps
- Ultimate Camera Package
3 REPLIES 3

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
I found a 30' section of coax and moved the antenna to the front of the trailer.

Same here. Ran wire under TT and mounted antenna on the front.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found a 30' section of coax and moved the antenna to the front of the trailer.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely it's a bluetooth wireless signal and during the day there are a lot more bluetooth devices around that are causing interference. But that's just a guess. It could be wifi. I couldn't determine if it was bluetooth or wifi from the ad. In either case, range extenders are available on Amazon.
I would start by asking the system manufacturer, Intellihaul what could be the problem and if they have a solution.

You might be able to move the receiver part that is inside the truck cab closer to the rear, thereby reducing the distance from the camera's transmitter to the monitor's reciever. Then fro the receiver to the monitor is probably coax cable of some sort that you could just extend.
For example; mount the receiver in your 3rd brake light with a coax from there to the monitor. You would be reducing the distance between TX and RX and still getting the video signal to the monitor.