cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1985 Rockwood restoration

sprucetrap
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking for a restoration project and found an 85 rockwood class C for $800. It has delamination and minor water damage which will probably be at the top of my list. We got it for a song compared to the other ones we looked at. We plan on using it for a mobile base camp (currently, our home). We spend a lot of time in the northeast mountains. Oh, I get 38 mpg with my car. Is it too much to ask this of the motor home? haha
4 REPLIES 4

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Spruce,

I don't know what yo believe, but I, personally, do not believe you can have a delamination and water damage.

Be ready, be REAL ready for a project.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of restorations on the irv2.com Vintage RV discussion area. Might help you along a lot!
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Go on line and use a vin decoder to determine the year of the chassis, it is not always the same year as the RV. Then go on line and get a FACTORY shop manual, I have seen them as low as 29.99 on CD. If you do the work yourself it helps and if you have work done most shops do not have them and can save you shop time.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. Have fun with your project.
You didn't say which chassis is under your rig but, I'm sure most members of the forum will agree, you will get a little less than 38 mpg. :E
Plan on about 6-8 mpg. If you get any better, consider it a plus.