cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

a frame trailer?

wrottdog
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of buying an a-frame trailer. Anyone have experience with them?Is one brand better? I need a really small one. I like the Chalet but read some bad reviews.
4 REPLIES 4

wrottdog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. I looked at the Rockwoods but they are a bit larger than I was hoping for. I'll keep checking further. I'm going to tow with a Honda Odyssey and don't want to get too close to its capacity to allow for stuff I'll add to it.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Aliner Sport. I don't believe one is better than another but they are different in construction, weight, and amenities. It all depends on what you want and what you are towing with. You can see my Sport and tow vehicle in my signature below.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a lot of fun with our 2006 A Liner Classic. Good clean ones can be hard to find but they hold their value well and tow like a dream. :C

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
wrottdog wrote:
I'm thinking of buying an a-frame trailer. Anyone have experience with them?Is one brand better? I need a really small one. I like the Chalet but read some bad reviews.

suggest you look at the new Rockwood or Flagstaff A-frame campers.
lots of new owners are very happy with them and what they offer, for way less money than the Chalet or A-Liner campers.

Fairfield RV has some and i looked at them. they are built real well.
here's one of them:

Rockwood A122

if you want some input on them, go to Forest River Forums A-frame section and ask some of the owners there. it's an owners forum.

update: just drove by Napa RV and they have a Rockwood A-frame out front. i'm sure they'll let you take a look at it.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes