cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious to what age where you when you bought your first R.V...I was 27 and bought a pop up...37 now and got a TT
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle
118 REPLIES 118

INSPECTERBAKE
Explorer
Explorer
I used to sleep in a tent all summer when we were kids those were the days. In our 20s and 30s we had a camp upstate that was about like tent camping then 12 years ago moved up to a 5er wife is spoiled so I guess our tent days are over. :B

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
1995 we bought a brand new KIT Companion 28 footer.
Loved that trailer.

I was 41 years old.

gypsygirl
Explorer
Explorer
well, let see -- at 22 my ex husband and I had a Dodge camper van, that was sold for a 20 ft dodge class C at 26, then sold that at 28 for a 24 foot dogde class c and boat, then dumped and divorced the cheating husband at 32, gave him the class c to live in and kept the house in SF - bought a 24 ft TT at 36 to take young son camping in the high sierra (tents were fine with me but he was afraid of the bears so a hard side tt it was) sold the TT at 45 when not so young son was no longer interested in camping with his mom - now 52 - sold the SF house, living in my Lake Tahoe house in the summers and seriously contemplating getting a 5th wheel - need a place to stay in the winter months besides Tahoe which is very cold with tons of snow and hey, I can lease my house for tons of cash in the winter so why not be a snowbird ๐Ÿ™‚

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I tent camped as teenager. Rented small Shasta trailers a couple times in my early 20s. Boats in my 40s. First RV early 50s.

T-bones
Explorer
Explorer
We were always camping as a kid, still remember that old TT with bunks and fold down table with no can. As I moved on didn't do much at all till the DW and kids came and at 30 bought our first small TH and at 32 upgraded to the Fuzion which will suit our needs till the kids move on.
2010 Ram 3500 CTD Mega 4x4 swd
2012 Fuzion 315 monster package
2009 HD Crossbones
2009 HD Iron
2010 English Bulldog
and most important the Wife and 3 kids

Penguelephants
Explorer
Explorer
45 and I'm diving in to fulltiming in it.. so far it's been a liberating experience and we're not even out the door yet. Looking forward to every minute of it!
The Wandering Penguelephants

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Was 25 when I bought a brand new 1975 Dodge Tradesman van. Built a bed over the wheelwells, put 2" of foam down for the bed, paneled the walls, put in a roof vent, and some nice long two-tone green shag carpet. Talk about living the high life.

It wasn't until age 44 (1994) that we bought a real RV, a new 20' Chateau TT and then in 2003 (age 53) a 2 year old Cardinal 5th wheel, which we still have and use regularly. Just spent 6 weeks in it down in Florida. I've got my eyes open for different 5th wheel, but not looking too hard yet.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Mainehawk
Explorer
Explorer
Since I don't count tenting (horseback trail riding) or the lovely excursions sponsored by my Uncle (Sam that is), we bought our first when I was 45 and the wife was 60

ETF
Explorer
Explorer
My circumstances are slightly different as I was born and brought up in the UK.

I went tent camping every summer as a teenager. Had a small caravan (TT) in my mid twenties when the kids were young. Then came about a 40 year hiatus in which time we moved to the States in '85. My wife and I bought our 5th wheel 3 years ago at 63. It was something that we always meant to do but just never got round to it for some reason. Absolutely loved it. Just traded in the fiver last week for a new Class "C" at 66. We've already got our spring and summer trips planned.

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
We tent camped for many years then upgraded to our current TT at age 41.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
20 when I bought my first one and 48 when I got my second one

polaris500mv
Explorer
Explorer
Been tent camping since 14
I was 18 when I bought my first camper a 1976 20 ft still have it.
22 When I bought the 1988 30fter
and now 24 when I bought the 2013 coachmen 30qbs

Figured with a kid and another on the way the older ones weren't big enough and since parents camp burnt down it would be nice to have a nice roomy trailer to park at camp and use or grab it for a weekend trip somewhere.
2013 Coachmen Catalina deluxe 30QBS
2005 F-350SD Crew cab PSD

JJ_Spectre
Explorer
Explorer
Ric Flair wrote:
I was 18 when I took my first camping trip. It was government sponsored by the US Army. Slept under a shelter half with my buddy. It rained.

I have to admit, that gave me a chuckle!

I got a 17' TT as part of the "dowry" from my father in law when I got married at the age of 32. We camped it for a summer and then I had to sell the only vehicle I had that could tow it. 7 years later, we decided we wanted to get back at it and I had a truck to do it with, so we'll be picking up our new TT on May 4th. Can't wait.
  • 2014 Silverado 1500 LT with Max Trailering package
    2012 Jayco Jay Feather Select 28R
    Husky Centreline
    5 of us plus one old dog

Days camped 2013: 21
    Days camped 2014: stay tuned!

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my TT when I turned 54 last year,and bought my tent a few months later. Used the tent for an enclosed storage area last year, but this year will use the TT with DH, and the tent when I am solo camping.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
I was 18 when I took my first camping trip. It was government sponsored by the US Army. Slept under a shelter half with my buddy. It rained.
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule