Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

An RV Life Newbie Here... Have a Request

SRHazen
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings all!
I just purchased a 1995 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Class A RV. I need a manual for this as I am so no I have NO CLUE.
If someone could point me in the right direction of a valid manual for my RV I would appreciate it.
I will be living in it at an RV Park through the winter so any help would be appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Seth
7 REPLIES 7

SRHazen
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Yes, you can put a small heater in the basement to help with freezing pipes. How cold does it get in your area?

It gets quite cold... but usually not below zero... but cold enough for pipes to freeze.

gbopp wrote:
Hay should work as a skirting, especially if a tarp is used to block wind & snow. I believe many use rigid foam insulation in cold areas. I don't see why hay would not work. But, will it attract critters?

I was thinking by wrapping the front sides with tarp it may stave off the critters....

gbopp wrote:
I'm not sure of your setup. The RV park cable could be for hooking up to the campground cable or its coming from the campground hookup.
Are there small cabinets above the windshield? That's possibly where the cable box, etc, is located. Maybe yours were removed?

Yes, all the tv cables come in through the compartment over the windshield... I see the cable for the antenna and the on switch but theres no cable running to the tv switch... curious...

gbopp wrote:
Look inside one of your rear basement doors, where the sewer hookup s located. That's where the CG cable hookup may be located.

Its there!! Thank you!!!

gbopp wrote:
The fans,and lights are usually fused. But, first make sure your batteries are charged and all terminals/connections are clean and tight.
You always want to make sure the batteries are good before you start diagnosing electrical problems.

Are the bulbs good? And, do you have a multimeter? If not, get one and learn to use it. It will come in handy with an RV.

There will be a fuse box under the hood and under the dash board on the drivers side.

Need to check the bulbs on the lights but I thought they may be on the same circuit as the fans. I will check.
I have my grandfathers multimeter... I will have to learn how to use it!!!
Found all the fuse boxes... need to get to the one under the dash to check those next.

Your a rock star!! Thank you. I wish this BB had a way to give you thumbs up or high ratings.

Thanks again!
Seth

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you can put a small heater in the basement to help with freezing pipes. How cold does it get in your area?

Hay should work as a skirting, especially if a tarp is used to block wind & snow. I believe many use rigid foam insulation in cold areas. I don't see why hay would not work. But, will it attract critters?

I'm not sure of your setup. The RV park cable could be for hooking up to the campground cable or its coming from the campground hookup.
Are there small cabinets above the windshield? That's possibly where the cable box, etc, is located. Maybe yours were removed?

Look inside one of your rear basement doors, where the sewer hookup s located. That's where the CG cable hookup may be located.

The fans,and lights are usually fused. But, first make sure your batteries are charged and all terminals/connections are clean and tight.
You always want to make sure the batteries are good before you start diagnosing electrical problems.

Are the bulbs good? And, do you have a multimeter? If not, get one and learn to use it. It will come in handy with an RV.

There will be a fuse box under the hood and under the dash board on the drivers side.

SRHazen
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Do you have a specific question or, are you just totally lost when it comes to operating your coach? ๐Ÿ™‚

gbopp,
Right now I do have a few questions.
Can i put a small electric heater in my "basement" to help stave off frozen pipes and cold floors during the winter?
Is hay a good skirt option if I wrap the outside with a tarp?
I have one cable that says RV Park Cable but nothing I can find that comes from the antenna on top of the RV.... am I missing something?
If my fans and lights are not working over the dash... is that typically a fuse issue?

That's all I have for right now... I am still learning...

Thank you!
Seth
๐Ÿ˜ฎ

SRHazen
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are awesome.
I found the manual and your right... its good for basic information only.
As I am only into this RV a week now I am flying blind but learning quickly.

Thank you!!!!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Want a manual that is worth something?

Make it yourself.....
Pen/paper in hand go thru your RV and write down BRAND/MODEL of every component/appliance etc

Then goggle that specific BRAND/MODEL for service manual
Download, print out and place in 3 ring binder

You now have a REAL manual that has REAL specific info vs some generic multi-unit info pamphlet

Here is Fleetwood RV Manuals.....look up yours------LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Manuals are a waste of paper their printed on.
Jot down make, model, and serial of your appliances, then go online and download the mfgs manuals from each web site.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Pace Arrow. Usually the manuals are for the individual components/appliances. Most of that info can be found online.

Do you have a specific question or, are you just totally lost when it comes to operating your coach? ๐Ÿ™‚

Don't hesitate to ask questions on the forum, someone will have the answer and be happy to help.
And don't worry about asking, at one time none of us knew anything about RV's.

There is a lot of information and experience available, just ask.