cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Bring The Bean Bag Toss Game (Corn Hole) To Camp?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I was just wondering if anyone brings this type of game to a campsite with them. I plan on just bringing one of the two boards with me next week.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
278 REPLIES 278

Jim102
Explorer
Explorer
I like "Washers", we don't get as many odd looks when we are looking for people to play washers, yelling "Does anyone want to play Corn Hole?" is different.....

Jim
2018 Jayco Precept 29V Class A
Air Force 1969 - 1973

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
chuckster11 wrote:

I still don't think I'll be willing to announce to my friends here in cold country, when asked what I did all winter in Arizona, "Why, I Cornholed every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday afternoons with my new Canadian friends in Casa Grande!" We Idahoans haven't progressed quite that far, Senior Senator or no Senior Senator!

You could call it bean bag toss?
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Try LCR for a fun game for all ages, little kids to grandma. We keep one in the camper, the truck, the car, it's just a fun little game with very easy to follow instructions that even a child can play. Check it out.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

chuckster11
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
To the OP, yes, I made my own and carry it with us. I designed my own version using 2X2's instead of the typical 2X4's and offset the frame so they virtually pack inside each other. The total thickness of both boards with the bags in between is only 2 1/2".

To the others, aw come on! Grow up! :B

Ok, I will concede that one may skin the cat or entertain one's self with any terminology one wishes. I might even enjoy the game! I might even enjoy the game with neighbors! It might be the most fun game since Monopoly, Cut Throat Hearts, or Golf!
I still don't think I'll be willing to announce to my friends here in cold country, when asked what I did all winter in Arizona, "Why, I Cornholed every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday afternoons with my new Canadian friends in Casa Grande!" We Idahoans haven't progressed quite that far, Senior Senator or no Senior Senator!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP, yes, I made my own and carry it with us. I designed my own version using 2X2's instead of the typical 2X4's and offset the frame so they virtually pack inside each other. The total thickness of both boards with the bags in between is only 2 1/2".

To the others, aw come on! Grow up! :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

loudgmc
Explorer
Explorer
useless trivia?
Did you know there is actually an American Cornhole ASSociation?

http://www.playcornhole.org/http://www.playcornhole.org/
2002 GMC 2500HD Duramax Diesel, 2004 Weekend Warrior 3105

Farmerkev
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is priceless.

racefan1965
Explorer
Explorer
chuckster11 wrote:
almo5 wrote:
Yep! We take ours on every trip. We've even had our camping neighbors join us in the fun.

Am I to assume everyone had a gay time or have I somehow become so old fashioned that the terminology I used in my youth is now passe'?

now that's funny!!!! I made a square box washer toss game and we use it all the time as well. We started with the cornhole game, called baggo here, and worked up.
Rick, Shirley, 3 dogs(Shasta, Baylee & Macy)
2003 Ford 250 Superduty 4x4LB 6.0 Diesel
1999 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4X4 gasser
1993 Hitchhiker ll 28.5 SRLUG
2006 Champion C46540 RV plug ready genset
2009 Honeywell 2000i inverter genset

chuckster11
Explorer
Explorer
almo5 wrote:
Yep! We take ours on every trip. We've even had our camping neighbors join us in the fun.

Am I to assume everyone had a gay time or have I somehow become so old fashioned that the terminology I used in my youth is now passe'?

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
livingaboard wrote:
I was totally prepared to put down a good response, but I guess it is actually a board game.

Me too.:B
Camp Host, from the other side.

HUTCH45
Explorer
Explorer
Briteskys wrote:
So how does this work?
You see some RV neighbors you like..... Then ask them if they'd like to come over for some cornhole fun?

:B...ROFLMAO
"HUTCH"
'07 SILVERADO 3500HD 'CLASSIC' DRW - CC - 4 X 4
'07 NEW HORIZONS 35' 5th.Wheel 'MotoMover'....(SOLD)

Hornet28BHDS
Explorer
Explorer
We usually have them with us when we're in a big group. They're fun to have tournaments with!
2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Our game (homemade) fits and rides perfectly on one of the quad bunks, the one beside the door. It comes out of the TT upon arrival and is stored under the slideout. It's the last thing that is put back into the TT when we are leaving. The kids love it and the neighbors usually do, also. We hang the bag with the beanbags up on the back bumper of the TT and let the neighborhood (campground) play. Never had a problem with parts leaving, but there have been some heated games. I did get some rules off the net and had them laminated and put them in the bag with the beanbags. That way, if there is some question about the rules, we use what is printed.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Briteskys
Explorer
Explorer
So how does this work?
You see some RV neighbors you like..... Then ask them if they'd like to come over for some cornhole fun?
'02 Beaver Patriot Thunder
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ron & Jane's Travels

Rvndave
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
I have to admitt, I got a chuckle out of the name of this game also...."Corn Hole" ? Never have heard of it.
I like to refer to it as red eye game. Cornhole, red eye, bunghole, all the same to me, lol.

Oh for the orignal post, yes my sister always brings hers. Going to be hard to play with just one board I would think.
2003 Jayco 308fbs eagle 33' tt, towed by a 2003 Ram 3500 slt, quad cab dually, cummins diesel ho, trailer towing package, with 6 speed manual. Hauls better 1/2, 3 kids, myself, and a 2003 ez go clays car.. I have added so far, neon lights, clearance lights, back up lights, black light, lift kit, mud tires, and everything necessary to make the golf cart street legal. It's now ready to spend the winter in the garage for more mods. More neon, strobe lights, alarm, a pa system, maintance, and whatever else that comes along. This golf cart does wheelies and travels thru 7 inches of mud when need be. Two honda eu2000i gens twinned to supply the electrical power. Latest addition an 04 Honda Goldwing. [url]http://www.hometown.aol.com/rvnagain/myhomepage/profile.html[url]