cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning RVer: Is this Scenario Doable?

bsteinagel
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am just beginning my research process into RVing full-time. My plan is to live in Wisconsin half the year and in Arizona during the winter traveling between the two a couple times a year. I would like to purchase my RV after my lease is up in my apartment next year. My main concern is: will a bank or other financial institution give me a loan for a travel trailer without a permanent address? For those of you who RV full-time and don't have a permanently located home, how do you do it?

My parents said I could use their address as my permanent home, but my concern is that this may make them financially liable for the loan if something happens and I'm unable to make payment and I don't want to do that to them.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this! I hope this is doable but am concerned I may be missing something here.

Brad
31 REPLIES 31

Explorer II
Explorer II
Using your parents address does not make them liable. Only the name(s) on the contract is liable.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Brad,

Welcome to the forums.

How about setting up a line of credit loan?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.