Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brand New to RVing

Tommie328
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Just wanted to say hello. I am brand new to RVing and camping too...:o

Looking forward to learning as much as I can. I bought a fixer upper and she is almost ready to go camping. I'm really excited and can't wait to get going.

Thanks,
Tommie
1987 Sunline T1550
2002 GMC Envoy SLE, 4.2L I6, 4WD, 3.73 Axle Ratio, 5750 GVWR
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnโ€™t do than by the ones you did do... Mark Twain
16 REPLIES 16

Tommie328
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks jplante4. I like the vintage look. As I do research, I see a lot of people chose to paint over the cabinets. I don't want to do that, at least not yet. Now, I am just looking at mods that may be beneficial to me.

Thanks,
Tommie
1987 Sunline T1550
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnโ€™t do than by the ones you did do... Mark Twain

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's some nice work. I like the way you stayed "in period" with the cabinets.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome, it lloks like you have some skills.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome aboard
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Tommie328
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks jplante4. I will give it a go.

Thanks,
Tommie
1987 Sunline T1550

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
How to post photos

A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available here
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Tommie328
Explorer
Explorer
Finally getting around to posting pics.

Pics are from demo until now. Still more work to be done, but I think I have it to a point where we can start using it.

Floor repair.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Side wall repair.

Front wall repair.

Interior.

Added diamond plate. I like the look better than the original.

Hopefully, this isn't too many pics.

Thanks,
Tommie
1987 Sunline T1550

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome Tommie from the left coast.
Dave

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Tommie328 wrote:
Looking forward to learning as much as I can. I bought a fixer upper and she is almost ready to go camping. I'm really excited and can't wait to get going.

This is an excellent place to start ! First you learn a lot about thae various systems on your RV and second you have no debaluation like a new RV ! Third, if you decide camping is just not for you, you are not out a ton of money !

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Hey, welcome to the scrum!

Congrats on the newly acquired rig as well as your almost completed renovations. May it and they serve you well for many years.

There's a lot of good info here along with a certain amount of chaff. Pick your way through it carefully and you'll find lots of diamonds amongst the roughage. Not sure where in Virginia you are, but there are a lot of lovely campgrounds in this state for you to enjoy. Between State parks, NPS and NFS parks, and private campgrounds, you will find lots of opportunities to explore. Hope to meet you at one of them this coming camping season.

Tommie328
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1987 Sunline T1550. Just the right size for me. I will try to post pics later today.

Thanks,
Tommie
1987 Sunline T1550

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome! What kind of camper? Threads with pictures about rebuilds / repairs are always popular and interesting on these forums.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Welcome to the Forum and the Lifestyle. No dumb questions here...I asked all of them already. Great bunch of people (and a few not so great) but overall a great place to learn and share ideas, experiences and anything else

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. Read and don't hesitate to ask questions. You will learn quickly..
Enjoy your travels.