cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachman Catalina 273BH VS KZ Sportsmen 260BHLE

JeffM107
Explorer
Explorer
I am completely new to RV-ing an I am looking for some advice and opinions. I have narrowed a travel trailer purchase down to two models, the Coachman Catalina 273BH and the KZ Sportsmen 260BHLE. They are both 2017 models, priced equally and are fairly equally equipped and share very similar floor plans. Does anyone have experience with either model? I am also curious who manufactures each make and what would make one manufacturer stand out above the other. I will mainly be camping with a family of 4 in Iowa and around the mid-west. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
JeffM107 wrote:
I have narrowed a travel trailer purchase down to two models, the Coachman Catalina 273BH and the KZ Sportsmen 260BHLE.

Coachmen RV has been in business for decades and although still run as an independent operation is now part of Warren Buffet's Forest River group of companies, no better or worse than any of the others. K-Z has also been in business for decades but the family owned business was sold a couple of years ago and is now part of Thor Industries so it's probably too soon to conclude whether that's good or bad for the consumer. Choose your preferred model based on floorplan, amenities, what you can safely tow, and most importantly whether you feel you can rely on the dealer you're purchasing from for reliable after sales service.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380