cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Couple things that work out great

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I just finished a 7 month snowbiding trip. Loved every min of trip. We were talking this morning of what we want to do to RV to make it more enjoyable next long trip. When we were talking we got side tracked on what was our biggest helpful thing or what really worked out great.

Two things we booth agree on...(one end to the other):C

1) A cheap short sewer hose that hangs down to ground then add 3 feet and cut off. Lenght is about right for 99% of dump sites at most roadside and private dump sites. (of course where your hook up is located on your RV make a difference.) Forget about washing out your black tank at these locations. I have a bucket that I pour a gallon or 2 of water into tank to get out some of the mess. Then at a regular sewer hook up at a campsite give it a good cleaning to keep probes working. Can be into and out in short time.

2) When at a place with elec. hook up we pre-cook meals for when we don't have elec. for following week. Picked up an Instant pot. Totally worth the money and the space it takes up. Over 8,000 reviews and 4 1/2 rating on amazon. (But you have to read the directions atleast once to get a feel for cooking times). Going to buy another for house. http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-DUO60-Multi-Functional-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF...
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
6 REPLIES 6

path1
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
1) A cheap short sewer hose that hangs down to ground then add 3 feet and cut off. ....(of course where your hook up is located on your RV make a difference.)

Do yourself a BIG favor ditch the stinky slinky sewer hose and buy a Rhino RV Sewer Hose Kit. And the Rhino Sewer Hose Kit contains all the connections you will need. As some are required at CG's.

It was THE best thing I ever bought for my RV. :C

And for the longer connections the sidewinder expands and slants to insure good dump flow from the RV no matter what the elevation of the ground is like where you park or what you might need to go around!

All of these are available at Walmart.

Forget about washing out your black tank at these locations. I have a bucket that I pour a gallon or 2 of water into tank to get out some of the mess. Then at a regular sewer hook up at a campsite give it a good cleaning to keep probes working. Can be into and out in short time.

Instead of filling up a bucket. Just find out what faucet dumps into your black tank. Usually its the bathroom faucet. Open that faucet and in minutes you can fill up a black tank. Then open the dump blade for a good flush after you've dumped. I fill my black tank up with water from the faucet after I dump every time before I leave the CG.Its' rigid and collapses and expands to what ever length you need!

(op here...) Yes, I've got all that gear.. I'm talking about dumping at freeway rest areas or places that don't have threaded water connection and sometimes not even a water hose or somebody cut off water hose for whatever reason.

"Its' rigid and collapses and expands to what ever length you need"! And cleans out nicely and I can get regular size Rhino and my "shortie" in sewer tube holder nicely.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
1) A cheap short sewer hose that hangs down to ground then add 3 feet and cut off. ....(of course where your hook up is located on your RV make a difference.)

Do yourself a BIG favor ditch the stinky slinky sewer hose and buy a Rhino RV Sewer Hose Kit. Its' rigid and collapses and expands to what ever length you need! And the Rhino Sewer Hose Kit contains all the connections you will need. As some are required at CG's.

It was THE best thing I ever bought for my RV. :C

And for the longer connections the sidewinder expands and slants to insure good dump flow from the RV no matter what the elevation of the ground is like where you park or what you might need to go around!

All of these are available at Walmart.

Forget about washing out your black tank at these locations. I have a bucket that I pour a gallon or 2 of water into tank to get out some of the mess. Then at a regular sewer hook up at a campsite give it a good cleaning to keep probes working. Can be into and out in short time.

Instead of filling up a bucket. Just find out what faucet dumps into your black tank. Usually its the bathroom faucet. Open that faucet and in minutes you can fill up a black tank. Then open the dump blade for a good flush after you've dumped. I fill my black tank up with water from the faucet after I dump every time before I leave the CG.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, glad you had a good time. Every time you go out, you learn something new, come up with new ideas, and try new tricks to keep things going.

FYI.... we do not cook ahead. We fix things at the time we want them. Maybe, because we're a bit older now, we enjoy the simple down time, and quiet time it takes to prepare a meal. My wife and I enjoy doing it together, eating together, and cleaning up together. And, we eat very good!

path1
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
Don't know if the sewer hose would work at a lot of the dump stations I've seen. But you can always use the longer hose if you need it.

Totally agree on the cooking ahead thing. Do that when you have full hookups, or at home. It saves a lot of work & water later on!

Most of what we've seen, the hole is no more than 2 or 3 feet from edge (usually a curb) I should of said in posting somewhere that the 3 feet where I cut it is with hose mashed together, so it probably extends to 5 or 6 feet with it being pulled on.

Coking ahead also saves on a ton of trash when boondocking way off grid.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Glad you had a great time.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know if the sewer hose would work at a lot of the dump stations I've seen. But you can always use the longer hose if you need it.

Totally agree on the cooking ahead thing. Do that when you have full hookups, or at home. It saves a lot of work & water later on!
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board