cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dump Sites

BIGBIRD130
Explorer
Explorer
We are renting an RV and were wondering the procedure for using the dump sites at truckstops.
Do you have to go in and tell them you atr going to use it?
Is there a key or anything you have to get?
Is there signs showing you where it is?
Thank you for any help you can give me
2007 GMC Envoy Denali
8 REPLIES 8

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Free dump sites are few and far between, expect to pay a few bucks. Procedures vary from place to place and sometimes a key is required.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Pick your statehttp://www.rvdumps.com/

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
wirenutz wrote:
normally the dump station is located by the RV islands, and sometimes there is a fee to use it, why not use the dump stations along the freeway rest stops, its free you payed for it
Not all states have dump stations at their rest areas.

x2
Wisconsin shut theirs all down a few years ago.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
wirenutz wrote:
normally the dump station is located by the RV islands, and sometimes there is a fee to use it, why not use the dump stations along the freeway rest stops, its free you payed for it
Not all states have dump stations at their rest areas.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

randy328
Explorer
Explorer
Since I go to racetracks (they frown on you dumping on the asphalt for some reason), I use a Love's Truck Stop near my house (there are no "free" reststop ones near). I park the trailer where the RV dump is (there's a big sign), all lined up like I want it, then go inside, tell them I need an RV Dump, pay $5. One of their workers goes out and unlocks it. When I am finished I lock it back for them. Non-potable water is there also for rinsing.
KZ MXT2920, Ford F250 4dr long bed
Bunch of Motorcycles - Track Instruction and Race
German Shepherd "Qorkey"

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Are you going to be traveling or going to stay.

If you are traveling and carrying a navigator package, there are overlays that tell you where to look. There are seldom big signs is any at all.

If you go to a campground, the will have dumps. FHU means Full Hook Up, Electric, Water and Sewer.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
All I know is Pilot Truck Stops now charge you for using the dump. You go inside to the cashier.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.