cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experienced Rvers offer help in Forida

Rolling_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
Hi There to all you great wannabe campers and travellers .

We started our journey back 2003 arriving from the UK and buying an 1 ton dually truck and 36ft 3 slide 5th wheel. We travelled for a year and went back home for a few months stored the truck and RV and then came back for another year. We have continued to go back and forth for the last 14 years and have now coverd 96 states !, Alaska twice, and 420 campgrounds and most Natioanl Parks. We are now taking a break for a while to see other parts of the world. If any newbie is starting out we are in Florida on the WEST coast for the next 5 weeks until the end of March and would be more than happy to spend time with like minded people to share tips and trips we also have maps and bits and pieces to give away which we can't take home with us.
Also please feel free to drop us line if we can help with anything, Insurance tips, driving licenses clubs to join etc,.
We will be just South of Tampa for the next week

Alan & Julea Field
The Happy travellers

GMC 3500 HD SRW 6.6 Duramax 2007
Peterson Industries Excel limited Edition 2006 30rso
15 REPLIES 15

dr3x
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your offer to help someone I have been a member since 2006 and rarely post but am on here at least 2 or 3 times a day to read and learn or laugh at some of the attitudes. So I guess I am a newbie and suspicious too. Don't worry be happy!:)
Mel Parks
Killbuck,Oh

gbopp wrote:
Fizz wrote:

In all that time they never bothered to come north and visit Canada ??

Maybe the OP visited Philadelphia and decided he didn't want to see any more foreign countries in North America? :B

Hey.... what wrong with Philly ?? It's not Chicago!! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Rolling_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
Dear Fizz

We have visited Canada many times my daughter lives in Calgary. Been through BC and the YUKON several times to get to Alaska. Also saw Quebec and Ontario but only a small part. We did think we would carry on travelling this year and go do North East Canada but our £ pound had gone very weak due to Brexit so we are taking a break hoping the Sterling pound will recover in a few years and then we may come back and start over.

Thank you all for backing us up we feel a lot better now

Julea & Alan Field

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:

Maybe the OP visited Philadelphia and decided he didn't want to see any more foreign countries in North America? :B

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
TheLuvShack wrote:
OP has been rving since 2003. Nearly 15 years and is a new member on this forum. Now they want to share their knowledge. Why now? Does this sound even a little suspicious to anyone but me?

He joined in 2010, that's not what I would call new. He's listed as a "new member" because he doesn't post much. The system counts your posts to determine membership status. I've only been a member since 2012 but the system lists me as a senior member. He's had a total of 49 posts since he joined where I've had over 1000.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
TheLuvShack wrote:
OP has been rving since 2003. Nearly 15 years and is a new member on this forum. Now they want to share their knowledge. Why now? Does this sound even a little suspicious to anyone but me?

They were busy doing it rather than just talk about it.
More power to them, very envious.

BUT!!!

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
TheLuvShack wrote:

No, it doesn't sound especially suspicious to me. Even if they were new members here (which apparently they are not), we all signed up at some point...some when first starting RVing, some afterwards. I don't see anything inherently suspicious about someone trying to be helpful and kind. That's not to say that there aren't people out there with questionable motives; but in my estimation it's no way to live to assume that everyone is in that category by default. In my experience, I've encountered far more decent people who have made life pleasanter than people who tried to take advantage of me.

Rolling_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
FYI you can see by our user ID Rolling Rolling we registered on RV.NET in 2010 with this user name and have been posting since then. Maybe not often on “Beginning RVing” but on other RV.NET forums.
We also had another user name back in 2003 which we used until 2010 when for technical issues with this site it got lost in the system and we had to start up with a new login.
Suspicious???? We have been busy enjoying our travels and now as we end this chapter for a while we wanted to share our experience and knowledge with others.
As stated in the original post “we also have maps and bits and pieces to give away which we can't take home with us”.
TheLuvShack I’m not sure what you are trying to imply, maybe we should retract our offer??

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Rolling Rolling wrote:
The 96 states always gets a reaction , we have stayed/ visited all 50 states and visited 46 of them again.
So what are thec4 we haven't been too again ?

Errrrrrr...the independent states of SF, LA, CH (No. Not Switzerland) and NYC.....

Rolling_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
The 96 states always gets a reaction , we have stayed/ visited all 50 states and visited 46 of them again.
So what are the 4 we haven't been too again ?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure your experiences will be helpful to many here, especially any fellow Brits that may have procedural questions about licensing, etc.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
That's a really nice offer. You've been having an amazing adventure!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
96 states?

The OP counted the states using the metric system. :B