cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuse box problems

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
Well guys I was getting the RV ready for tomorrow. It would have been our 1st time camping and it looks like it will be cancelled.

Went to power on the Fridge and it wouldn't. So I looked in the panel and seen this

No big deal right! I pulled the power from the house and disconnected the battery and replace the fuse. As soon and power was restored the new fuse blew. I tried 4 in total in frustration with no solution.
I called tech support and the guy had no help. He said to take it to a dealership which I will as soon as I can get an appointment. But until then I am willing to try any recommendation.
Everything worked last night. Today the fridge, and the thermostat the controls both the AC and Furnace won't display.
The box has the manafactories label WFCO T-30
Thanks a lot.
35 REPLIES 35

Sprig
Explorer
Explorer
Danasdaddy2002 wrote:
... So sprig is implying that Onaquest has all the answers - sarcastically of course.

Actually, it was Onaquest himself that implied he had more answers then I had to "my own" problem; even though I mentioned from the start that I never shared the entire details of my system/problem/project.

And, No, I was not trying to be sarcastic. Per Onaquest's own posts of his abilities, he is an expert at troubleshooting electrical problems over phone calls.

I stood down on this thread because, to me, there were some obvious inconsistencies. I didn't feel I could contribute in a positive way.

But, I knew of someone who has always posted how inferior I am in every way electronical in comparison to how much skilled they are.

What I find really sad is that I tend to believe that the wiring problem has not actually been properly fixed. I hope I am wrong, but I get that "vibe" from the OP.

I'd sure like to be there so I could fix it for him proper.

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
FINALLY!!! It took 2 long weeks but when I called out today they had just finished working on my trailer.
So, what was wrong? I don't have any clue, yet. I went out after hours to pick it up so I couldn't speak with anyone. They thought there was a short in a wire and they didn't call saying otherwise so that was probably the problem.
An added bonus was that I convinced the service department to bill Keystone directly so I didn't have to pay the $500 it took to repair it.
I am now a Happy Camper. 😉

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
Yup. Brand new of the lot. Came out of the assemble line the end of march according to the sticker on the wall. It is covered by keystone for the 1 st year. I also got 7 years coverage after that. Glad I did.
It is a big job and probably expensive at that. Unfortunately I have to pay out off pocket and try and get reimbursed.

Doug_and_Cassi_
Explorer
Explorer
This is a brand new trailer???? All of these repairs should be covered under the warranty. A re-wire will be quite expensive I would imagine.

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
Well the parts came in today. They replaced the bad with the new with it didn't fix anything. Their only choice now they say is to completely rewire the whole trailer. Too make things worst I got a recall notice today in the mail stating that the awning has a tendency to activate while driving and the motor has to be replaced. Well. Not what I was expecting from a brand new RV.

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the repair shop is ordering parts. Not as small of a problem as I was hoping. I asked what was being replaced but she didn't know off hand. Should be done by Thursday.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Danasdaddy2002 wrote:
chevor wrote:
Really?
Isolate the circuit.
!1 Unplug the fridge. Then replace the fuse. If it doesn't blow fridge is bad. If it does wires, outlet or something else on circuit is bad.

Yup I tried that earlier today. Went outside to the fridge access panel and unplugged the cord. Went inside and added a new 15A fuse with the power off. Plugged er in and an instant pop and flash.

I am stumped.but yeah that does take the fridge out off the possible problems. Thanks.
The red led light that stays on next to the bad fuse slot must indicate something.
Time for another google search.

The fuse is 12v. Did you unplug the 120v? Not really related.

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
I see. Well thank you for the clarification. 😉

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Danasdaddy2002 wrote:
Looks like it holds the fridge compressor and some wiring.
No compressor.. just some coils.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
Jim-Linda wrote:
You "unplugged" the fridge to see if your attempt worked, i've not seen a fridge that had the 12vdc go to a "plug". Are you sure you did not unplug the 120vac? Usually the 12vdc power is connected to a terminal strip.

Jim

Hey Jim.
There is an outside access panel on the fridge side wall. Looks like it holds the fridge compressor and some wiring. There is an outlet in that access panel that has a cord plugged into it. ( just a regular black cord not unlike what is on a drill). Probably for for the compressor now that I think about it.
I'm learning as I go when it comes to owning my first RV and I have a lot to learn lol.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
wny_pat wrote:
Thats called flaming.
I think you're in the wrong thread.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
You "unplugged" the fridge to see if your attempt worked, i've not seen a fridge that had the 12vdc go to a "plug". Are you sure you did not unplug the 120vac? Usually the 12vdc power is connected to a terminal strip.

Jim

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
Sprig and Onaquest had a couple of disagreements on a couple of threads started by sprig. So sprig is implying that Onaquest has all the answers - sarcastically of course.

nwtraveler2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. Please explain how that is considered flaming. I don't see it
but don't want to possibly make that mistake in any subsequent posts.
'05 Ford F-250 Superduty, Supercab, SRW, 6.0 diesel
SOLD '05 NuWa HitchHikerII 32.5 UKTG