cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Had No Problems With Our RV

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We read post after post about complaints. People think that EVERY RV will give complaints.

They don't realize that you only hear from the those with complaints and rarely hear about the millions out there that have no complaints.

Just for the heck of it I thought I'd do a post on 'no complaints'.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel
32 REPLIES 32

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
Happy news! We haven't had any issues with our 2014 Lance 1685 ... after 10,000 miles south and then west. Getting ready to leave again Weds to camp with the grandkids in the N. Georgia Mountains (in the rain?). Then west again in September -- SD, ND, Montana loop back to Denver and back to Illinois. Keeping our fingers crossed our win streak continues!
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to add my name to the list of Having No Problems Or Complaints with my Former Rental after 5 Years and I am not alone and there seems to be a lot of others like me :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
but as far as the RV industry in general is concerned it really seems like you get what you paid for.
I very much disagree with that statement. :R

It shouldn't matter whether a person purchases an "entry level" RV or the most luxurious RV with all the frills. It should be in working order when you take possession of it or not fall apart shortly after. That is what people are paying for.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Bought our 2007 Montana new July 2007. It has been more trouble free than I could have ever hoped for.

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Have had our fiver 13 years without anything major. We love it!

As someone previously said...fix it and move on.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our starcraft for nearly 5 years now. No complaints whatsoever. Very few minor repairs.

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Both RV's in my signature have been excellent. A tire problem on the 5th wheel after purchase but FR took care of that. One was new and the TC bought used 15 years old, both solid rigs.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
3 different RV's and one toad.
No complaints. It breaks you fix it and move on.

Long story short "the day" I closed on my house and was heading out full time I get a call that the lady that we were fostering her 2 parakeets wouldn't be picking them up any time soon. I am NOT a bird fan did it only as a favor.:R

I had no other choice but put them in the MH! I thought I'd figure out that little problem later and headed out down the road as a full timer.

Later never happened they were such a joy listening to them when I would pull into a new CG in a new region of the states and they heard the sounds of the native wilds birds chirping they'd start talking to them AND the native birds freaked out hearing the sound of these strange parakeets and sang back to them. What a stitch!

And the part that was priceless? When I would have a particularly bad breakdown......it was really hard to get upset about the breakdown hearing those birds in the back of the bus start happily chirping because they thought we were parked in another CG and they were going to get to meet some more wild song birds. :B:B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
No complaints on my van :).

Buying a different one, but that is because I want larger. The original one is still awesome!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
2011 JayFlight... no issues other than self-inflicted ones.. did a few mods to make it more user friendly for me.. and put new tires on it this year. they weren't cracking, but were 6 years old and it gets darn hot here in South GA
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say with certainty since my ordered RV has a 2 year waiting list from the manufacturer (SIGHHHHHHHHHHH) but as far as the RV industry in general is concerned it really seems like you get what you paid for.

And that's a lot no matter what price point you are at.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
11 years old. One dump valve repair, a new water heater next week, and tires. The water heater failed me three times since last fall, so instead of spending more $$ trying to keep it working, a new one was the best idea I could come up with. I do have a few repairs due after the last 12 weeks out, but really only normal routine stuff.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't have a single complaint about our 2006 Sunline Solaris T-2075 travel trailer either. Ten years and had not been back to the dealers for a single issue. All I had to do is perform routine maintenance and replace normal wear items which I did myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

Can't say the same for our new 2016 Arctic Fox TT which we have had for less than a year! :R

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
No complaints other than about stuff like floor plan! This is our first camper so now we know what we like/don't like for when we upgrade to a 5er. Mechanically we have had no problems that were caused by a manufacturing issue. 2014 Keystone Raptor 27FS.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't had any complaints for 12 years.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman