cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In Canada is their places to oak RVs and life off grid?

Country_folks
Explorer
Explorer
So far I have seen lots for rent ranging from $32 a day

Is their any less expensive ones at this time?
Or where could one buy a lot instead?
8 REPLIES 8

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots of lovely informal boondock spots in Alberta (notably highway 40 between Hinton and Grande Prairie where they even have signs saying it is permitted) and in BC (along highway 97 between Bear Lake and Chetwynd). In Saskatchewan on the back road from Candle Lake to La Ronge or Flin Flon, MB. All with free Mosquitos.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I'm traveling in BC and have seen several signs saying RV lots for sale. I have no idea of the price nor what services might be included. South of Kelowna would make sense for a year round location as the climate is mild compared to the Winnipeg area.

Living "off the grid" implies either a lot of generator use or lots and lots of solar panels.

wouldnt a lot include electrical line?one could hook up to istead of running genset!

if not why buy a lot at all?

Because the OP wants Off Grid!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Quote: "In Canada is their places to oak RVs and life off grid?"

What does this mean?

oak is probably misspelled park,,?

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I'm traveling in BC and have seen several signs saying RV lots for sale. I have no idea of the price nor what services might be included. South of Kelowna would make sense for a year round location as the climate is mild compared to the Winnipeg area.

Living "off the grid" implies either a lot of generator use or lots and lots of solar panels.

wouldnt a lot include electrical line?one could hook up to istead of running genset!

if not why buy a lot at all?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Canada is a big country going from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean, about 6000 miles, and from the North pole to the US border about the same distance. Did you have any particular lot in mind? Prices vary depending upon which province you are in, how far your are from major centres etc etc.
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Gadget_Guy1
Explorer
Explorer
I see you are from Winnipeg, I would think that if you really want to live "off the Grid" go north, there is lots of bush between Winnipeg and Hudson Bay and I am sure you could find yourself an isolated spot at probably no daily rental cost unless things have really changed since I was in the area years ago.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Quote: "In Canada is their places to oak RVs and life off grid?"

What does this mean?