cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Single Drop"

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
Never seen this before, what does it mean when a campground describes a site as "single drop" ?
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
22 REPLIES 22

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
cavie wrote:
Probably means "one camper per site". Most say that in the rules.

Youโ€™re very close. I ran into it a few years back. When I asked they said it means a single use per site, not an RV plus a couple of tents, or a group of tents sharing one site.

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
With the COVID virus my wife cancelled all our camping reservations over the summer months. We couldn't travel during those times. So I don't know the specific camp site, but I suspect it was in the Canada area if that helps. All I could think is it was a just a single hook up, i.e. one site. But don't know why they needed to say that. I thought I was the newbie and everyone else would know. Surprised no one else had bumped into this previously, but thanks anyhow ....
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Pull Thru, 50/30 Amps, Full Hookups Big rig friendly pull-thru sites with 2 sewer drops, 50 amp service, picnic table and campfire. Site length from 83' up to 135' allow enough room for your boat, motorcycle and vehicles.

I found this site description at an RV resort in Texas.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of that. Can you provide some context?

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if the OP contacted the site where โ€œsingle dropโ€ was listed and asked them?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hopefully the OP will come back to the thread and let us know.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
When someone finds out let me know.. Jim2007
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
cavie wrote:
I would say it goes a little beyond that. Such that a fifth wheel pulling a trailer is not allowed. Only the fifth wheel or only the trailer - "one drop".

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Easy answer. Call the campground and ask.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Not sure where you "saw" it, but where ever you did why not call them and ask them? Then we'd all know.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest that it depicts a site with a single sewer drop as apposed to a site with two sewer drops.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Maybe it means only one pedestal per campsite. I've been to sites that share a pedestal between two or more campsites.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Single drop" trailers are those low riding trailers normally used to haul construction equipment like bulldozers, graders, etc.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40