cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renting Travel Trailer Question

donsabi
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to relocate to Oregon. I thought I would buy a travel trailer, but then I thought I would like to try before I buy.

Is there any place in Oregon where I could rent a travel trailer already set up in a rv park?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
donsabi wrote:
I am an active senior but I have read posts cautioning seniors that rving is not for them.

You have read the wrong thing. Visit local campgrounds mid-week after school begins. Then is when you'll see all the seniors having fun! ๐Ÿ™‚ I think being an "active senior" will put you at the top of the pack!! Go for it. It's awesome. However, there are other ways to RV beside a travel trailer....5th wheels, Class C and Class A. I would suggest you look at all of them before making your choice. Do your research.

Most rentals already set up in campgrounds are probably going to be larger than what you would buy. They are set up for vacationing families.

Make a run of RV dealers and go to an RV show to get a feel of all that's available out there. We've had all the above types of RVs (and tents and pop-ups) and I think a travel trailer is the most difficult to hook up to your vehicle so keep that in mind.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

donsabi
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT,

Thanks for the post and encouragement.

Before I retired I ruled out RVing, but I can't remember why. I have been retired 10 years and have lived in PA, DE, NC, SC, PA again, and TN. I think I would have done better RVing. Ain't hindsight grand??? Now I want to RV, but just want to make sure I can do it.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
donsabi, not sure where you have read that rving is not for seniors. My parents rv'ed until just before my dads 89th birthday.. He wasn't driving anymore and he didn't think my mom could do it. (she was only 77 but not as mechanically inclined as him)... she still misses their motorhome and would go with me in my TT if dad weren't bedridden now.. oh and I am not exactly a spring chicken myself
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

donsabi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your posts.

Justme, you are correct. I want to try living in a travel trailer before I commit to buying one. If all goes well I would be living in one full time.

Secondly, I am an active senior but I have read posts cautioning seniors that rving is not for them.

just_me
Explorer
Explorer
I think he wants to see how CRAMPED they will be in that 30x8' BOX. For the experience of the hook ups, ETC He could help a new arrival to find out what he would have to do---OR not. OR--Rent "RV" the movie to get a prospective on the whole thing.
95 Dodge CC #5 TST plate Flame Red/Silver
not totaly stock
2007 fiver
Tag Ma-haul has been suggested for a name but now The Shoe box

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
But remember that rental trailers permanently spotted at a RV park or campground will give you no experience about RVing, except for the living in them part. It is not like traveling and hooking up utilities and everything.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
donsabi wrote:
I am going to relocate to Oregon. I thought I would buy a travel trailer, but then I thought I would like to try before I buy.

Is there any place in Oregon where I could rent a travel trailer already set up in a rv park?

Thanks

Howard Prairie Lake Resort has several trailers you can rent. they are closed for the season. I think they are open from April to end of October. Located in southern Oregon about 15 miles from Ashland.
Howard Prairie
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google trailer rentals near the location you want.

Jim

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I am not from Oregon, but I am willing to bet, some campgrounds have some kind of rental units. Some may be cabins, some have standard travel trailers, or other may have park model trailers. Hopefully, someone may have a suggestion.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized