cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv bootcamps?

Chowan
Explorer
Explorer
How many of you went to a rv bootcamp for education? Was it worth the money or if one reads and studies the blogs and forums and you tube, can the education be just as good?
35 REPLIES 35

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I remember we didn't have a clue on our first trip out, but it isn't rocket science and we managed okay. We learned mostly on the fly and with the help of info on the internet. Didn't find this forum until we had our second rig and by then we were quite capable, although we still found great tips about things we've yet to experience. Nothing wrong with an RV bootcamp should one be available, whether it's worth the money only those who attend can say. Between this forum and a few others, along with the plethora of YouTube videos, a mountain of all that is RV is readily available at your fingertips.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
"Just Do It" if you have deep pockets and do not mind putting dents and scratches on your RV. It is best to get instructions, you may not have to pay. Find an owner with no dents scratches in his equipment and ask for his/her help.

SoundGuy wrote:
Chowan wrote:
How many of you went to a rv bootcamp for education? Was it worth the money or if one reads and studies the blogs and forums and you tube, can the education be just as good?

The best RV education is to just do it. :W

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Go forth and have fun and multiply your experience. Welcome!

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
On the job training OJT I did take a 4 hrs course from a truck driving school instructor on backing up the 5th wheel. Excellent and worth the money.

Reading, other rvers, all helpful.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't go to boot camp or receive any training, I learned by reading and doing.
You can learn a lot on YouTube.

Don't be afraid to ask another RVer for advice or information, especially at a campground. You will find the vast majority will be happy to help or advise you.

And, you can learn a LOT on the forum. Just ask.

That said, there's nothing wrong with going to a boot camp type training, if the price is reasonable.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Chowan wrote:

The best RV education is to just do it. :W
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380