Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV mattress reccomendations

kastagire
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
So my wife and I decided the queen mattress in out evergreen has to go. We have slept on it two weekends now, and they have been long and uncomfortable nights on a hard mattress. Do you guys have any recommendations? We can get either a full queen or short queen, our bed platform is 75" but there is 5" of room between the end of the platform and the entertainment center. There is a full queen in there now.

We were looking at This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Deluxe-Spring-Trailer-Mattress/dp/B00JRHI1LM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459691534&sr=8-1&keywords=rv+mattress

Thanks!
Greg
12 REPLIES 12

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Just went to our local mattress store.....found one we wanted and got it. They delivered th new one and took the old one so I did not have go thru the trouble of getting rid of the old one.
cpaulsen

bcarroll
Explorer
Explorer
A quick fix my wife and I used to soften up our hard "came with the trailer" mattress is to put 2 single air mattresses under it.
It has worked out fine for us

kastagire
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help everyone! I actually went to Sleepys and got a nice deal on a Simmons Beautyrest. We have a sleepnumber in our house, but being primarily weekend warriors it didn't make much sense to spend $2000 on a queen sleepnumber... Thanks for all the help!

Wind_River
Explorer
Explorer
Memory foam mattress from Overstock.com was our choice and we really like it.
2019 Ford F250 XLT Super Duty 4X4 6.7 Power Stroke
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 25RKS
Equal-i-zer Hitch, 3502 Ultra Fab Tongue Jack
Twin Honda 2000i w/parallel kit

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
we got a very nice, thick, pillowtop for ours and it works fine for us.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:
When it comes to mattresses, I would never buy one unless I could actually lay down on it first. We purchase only from real stores (not on-line), and we sample them before we purchase. Looks are highly deceiving if you never try it out first.

With that said, we purchased new mattresses for our previous camper, same as we had in the house. We have Serta's in the house, so it was only fitting we get a Serta for the camper. We kept the original mattress and put it under the bed in our guest room. When we sold that camper, we pulled the Serta out and put the original back in. We are still using that same Serta mattress in the guest room now. Our current camper (Outback), was purchased with a pretty good mattress already. We were prepared to switch them, but the one in the camper was so good, we just left it and kept the Serta in the guest room. That bed now has 2 mattresses on it (makes a very high bed, but also very comfortable for a guest room).

So in my opinion, (really....) if you purchase off the internet something that is advertising "RV" on it, you'll probably end up with another uncomfortable mattress and end up going to a real store after all, and you've just wasted your money.

If you can actually try out one in your link, you may like it after all. But but purchase blind? Don't be surprise if you end up with what you've already got!

My suggestion, get the same kind of mattress you use in your house, and get it from a real box store. By the way... our Serta's are great! We have 2 queens, and 1 king, and even purchased a baby crib mattress from the same store for our grandson that lives with us.

X2
If can fit a real queen get the same as the sticks and bricks! That is what we did!

We also bought from a local mattress store, not going to spend that kind of money without trying first!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
we are looking at getting another also. we have just the one that came with the 5er, but we have the topper from Costco. we find it very comfy.
the mattress was , is old. we really like the Costco topper, so do we really need to spend a lot of money on a top mattress. wife is afraid to get rid of topper because she like it.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
This is what we got for our RV bed: Spa Sensations 12" MyGel Memory Foam Mattress

The mattress that came with the rig was a Destroyer of Spines. After a couple of nights on that, DW and I were walking around like Gollum and Quasimodo.

The new bed is so comfortable, we bought another one for home!
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Denver Mattresses come highly recommended by many RVers.

Denver Mattress Co.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
When it comes to mattresses, I would never buy one unless I could actually lay down on it first. We purchase only from real stores (not on-line), and we sample them before we purchase. Looks are highly deceiving if you never try it out first.

With that said, we purchased new mattresses for our previous camper, same as we had in the house. We have Serta's in the house, so it was only fitting we get a Serta for the camper. We kept the original mattress and put it under the bed in our guest room. When we sold that camper, we pulled the Serta out and put the original back in. We are still using that same Serta mattress in the guest room now. Our current camper (Outback), was purchased with a pretty good mattress already. We were prepared to switch them, but the one in the camper was so good, we just left it and kept the Serta in the guest room. That bed now has 2 mattresses on it (makes a very high bed, but also very comfortable for a guest room).

So in my opinion, (really....) if you purchase off the internet something that is advertising "RV" on it, you'll probably end up with another uncomfortable mattress and end up going to a real store after all, and you've just wasted your money.

If you can actually try out one in your link, you may like it after all. But but purchase blind? Don't be surprise if you end up with what you've already got!

My suggestion, get the same kind of mattress you use in your house, and get it from a real box store. By the way... our Serta's are great! We have 2 queens, and 1 king, and even purchased a baby crib mattress from the same store for our grandson that lives with us.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to your favorite mattreas store, buy what is comfortable

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
www.verlo.com
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)