cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slides on a 26-29 ft. Class A or C

Boyz312
Explorer
Explorer
Is their a make/model in the 26-29 ft range that comes with slides that anyone would recommend. Looking at older models due to budget constraints. Thanks !
7 REPLIES 7

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Also keep in mind that slides on the passenger side will extend into your campsite area. Can be an issue in smaller campsites
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind that slides came out in 1990 by Newmar. They had them for many years until others began adding them as an option in the mid 90's. They are fairly rare until the 2000s began to get them more common. They sure do add a lot of nice space but we got along without prior to them coming out. It reminds of my college geography professor stating "A luxury, once attained, becomes a necessity".

I didn't even realize the 2914s were out yet.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 2941DS Forester Class C has 2 slides, they are opposing, in the living room, the couch slide on one side, the dinette slide on the other side, both have toppers. but with buying anything used, it all depends on how they're used & maintained.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Boyz312
Explorer
Explorer
zekegb wrote:
Think about how you like to camp and where you like to go.
We have a 2003 Monaco Safari Trek 2810. Treks are unique motorhomes, they do not have a bedroom. The bed is in the ceiling of the living room and comes down at night. We have a full-size queen bed. Therefore, we have the living space of a 38 ft. RV on a 29 ft. chassis plus a full-size bathroom. If you can live with the bed, you will love a Trek.

Trek is a high-end motorhome with all the features and quality of the big rigs. Real wood cabinets, inverter, and much more. Some have slides in the galley and dinette area, ours does not have slides.

Based on your recommendation, just spent 2 hours researching these. Very impressive RV's and I DO like the bed system. Finding one in Florida might be a challenge though. Thanks

zekegb
Explorer
Explorer
Think about how you like to camp and where you like to go.
We have a 2003 Monaco Safari Trek 2810. Treks are unique motorhomes, they do not have a bedroom. The bed is in the ceiling of the living room and comes down at night. We have a full-size queen bed. Therefore, we have the living space of a 38 ft. RV on a 29 ft. chassis plus a full-size bathroom. If you can live with the bed, you will love a Trek.

Trek is a high-end motorhome with all the features and quality of the big rigs. Real wood cabinets, inverter, and much more. Some have slides in the galley and dinette area, ours does not have slides.

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin made a 26ft Class A with bedroom slide. Not sure, but later 28's might of added a frontroom slide also. Last we looked was around 2004.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Boyz312 wrote:
Is their a make/model in the 26-29 ft range that comes with slides that anyone would recommend. Looking at older models due to budget constraints. Thanks !
I have a 2008 Winnebago Outlook, 29', with two slides and I am very pleased with the unit. The couch is opposite the dining table and slides out on the driver's side. In the bedroom in back the bed slides out on the driver's side as well. I would prefer one slide on one side and one on the other, but I still like the MH the way it is.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA