cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stabilizers

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
For you experienced folks...when you put down your stabilizer jacks, have you found that they perform better if they have some blocks under them so they aren't close to fully extended or does it really matter?
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon
12 REPLIES 12

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
TPUC wrote:
I use the Lynx Blocks under them and I think it really helps.

Besides breaking, the plastic blocks will give some with the weight when there is movement in the trailer. Start stacking them and you have a little more play in them.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
Andymon wrote:
For you experienced folks...when you put down your stabilizer jacks, have you found that they perform better if they have some blocks under them so they aren't close to fully extended or does it really matter?

Don't need them with my system except when my jackstands won't extend past there 20" normal max height.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Lynx Blocks under them and I think it really helps.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Yep......the wider the stance the better

I put 6X6 blocks under mine so that they don't extend as far

What we did with our TT when we had it. Some people put handles on them for easy grabbing and carrying.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Landroamer1
Explorer
Explorer
Setting your blocks in a slight v shape helps also.
14 GMC 2500 HD D/A 2018 Wildcat 375 MC

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
always have blocks or boards under mine. Gives it a bigger footprint and you don't have to worry as much about it sinking.

Extending your jacks past halfway, they will start to lose there rigidity, thus causing more movement in your trailer.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
This time of year I put blocks down to prevent sticktion (Where they freeze to the ground) I have never had a jack freeze to a block, and once I'm off site if the block is frozen to the ground a gentle tap with the 8 pounder and it comes loose right quick.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

retiredtravele1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a pup. Yes, have a supply of 3/4" plywood pieces about 6"x6". I have enough to stack when I'm really uneven. We tend to camp for long periods so if I don't use them, I can start sinking.
No longer RV'ing

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, I learned that many years ago.
I made up some boxes out of 3/4" plywood that are eight inches high, and use them. I also made up a taller one for under the tongue jack.
I give them a fresh coat of black paint every year.
I have had lots of comments and people have asked me where I bought them.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
You are correct. The less you extend the stabilizers, the better they work. Most use wood of various dimensions under the stabilizers. Some use the Lynx plastic blocks. I preferred the wooden 4x4 blocks under mine.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I use a couple 2x6 12" long under ours. The bigger contact point with the ground gives you more stability especially on dirt or gravel.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep......the wider the stance the better

I put 6X6 blocks under mine so that they don't extend as far
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31