cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Trailer Cover

AMD4
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to the travel trailer/RV world. I am looking at a few different options for a cover and I am hoping for a little guidance. I am between the ADCO with the tyveck or Goldline. The trailer is parked in North NJ and is open to the elements, and a canopy or shed is out of the question. Any suggestions???
6 REPLIES 6

LLeopold
Explorer
Explorer
Further replies may be made here.
Lou Leopold
Between RVs at this point
but I continue to tent camp!

AMD4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feed back!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know anything about Goldline, but love my ADCO. Visited my TT yesterday - it is shiny clean underneath.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the cheapo 3 year warranty cover which has been really good now for 3 years. The key to tying these on is to run 1 rope under the center of the camper and tying 1 rope all the way around the outside of the cover at the bottom of the camper. (like above the bumper) This has worked well for us.

Brian

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My ADCO is ten years old but has kept our TT looking like new. I would highly recommend one with the Tyvek top.

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
There are a ton of threads here about covers, and you will find those that love them and those that don't. Since we weren't sure a cover was going to be worth the trouble, we bought the cheapest one we could find. It as a Tyvek-like non-woven material (probably not real Tyvek), and while we loved the way it kept the trailer perfectly clean and critter free, it completely fell apart after a couple of years. We replaced that with a premium cover from CalMark made from Sunbrella woven fabric. It was so great, we purchased another CalMark for our new trailer.

I don't know if you really need a CalMark if you can find one of the "standard" size covers that fits well - most the cover problems seem to stem from a bad fit. Several of the manufactures offer Sunbrella fabric and I highly recommend it.
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel