cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which books and/or apps for trip planning?

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
If you had to pick 3-4 RVing reference books to add to your "trip planning" library, which would you get and why?

Also, are there any apps that you use for your trip planning.

i.e. Bridge heights, roads long 5'rs can't go on, campsite finders w/length limitations, places to visit and any other book(s) you find useful.
18 REPLIES 18

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
A relative gave me two National Geographic guides, one featuring some selected State Parks and the other the National Parks. I like to look at those when I'm putting together a cross-country itinerary.

Mostly I use the Internet. For apps, I like AllStays Camp & RV to locate campgrounds and GasBuddy to find good fuel prices.

I use RV Park Reviews.com often, and also search this forum for opinions.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
I got rid of all the books and use my laptop.
I use Google Maps for mapping our route.
Then I use www.woodalls.com to find campground near where we want to stop.
Then I check a couple of campgrounds on www.rvparkreviews.com to make the final selection.
I use CoPilot app for RV's (new) for GPS and locating things nearby, fuel stops, etc. It doesn't require cell service to do the routing. Also comes with 1 year of traffic info.
The only thing I still buy is the Walmart Rand McNally Atlas. It has all the Walmart locations and shows whether they have fuel. I use it to double check the route that Google Maps shows or the CoPilot shows and also use it when we stop for local info and to pinpoint our location if we get severe weather.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
If you're headed to the four corners area, this book is indispensable. Unless, of course, you're not interested in history.

https://smile.amazon.com/Native-Roads-Complete-Motoring-Nations/dp/1933855894/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

Lynn

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
I like the RVParky App
Chris (KD7WZW)
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus M-32IP