cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

12 volt/battery powered car vacuum

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to purchase a 12 volt car vacuum that has some suction and will pick up dirt. I do not want one that has to be plugged into 120 volt. If it is battery powered I want to be able to plug it into a 12 volt outlet. I found a Dewalt but by the time you purchase the vacuum, the battery, and the charger you have over 200 dollars invested....I want to be able to vacuum out the dirt/sand when we are camped. I want some that will work and not something that is cute. The Dirt Buster etc. just does not do the job. A google search brings up lots of vacuums but most are only practical for flat open floor....not the nooks and crannies of a truck cab.....
3 REPLIES 3

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using a Black and Decker model PAV1200 12v plug in hand held automobile vacuum for about 4 years. It's available on Amazon. It has worked well for us. Only complaint is the bin that collects the dirt is a little small but easy to empty. It has two filters I. It. One is plastic and the other is a replaceable pleated paper filter similar to an automotive air filter.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I think what you want needs more power.

Best shot is probably a 12v shop vac. I have no experience with these as I have a large inverter.

https://www.amazon.com/Max-Burton-Volt-Wet-Vacuum/dp/B00091SGPQ

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
I have this vacuum does a good job has good ratings.Vacuum