Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Hyundai Veloster on a dolly

Life_In_Serenit
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to everyone.
We have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster that we will be towing on a dolly. We wanted to tow 4 down but Hyundai has advised us against this as it has a push button start instead of a keystart with a locking starring wheel. Makes no sense to me but we have extended warranty and don't want to have any issue with Hyundai. We are curious if anybody else tows a Veloster on a dolly and if they have had any issues.
I tried the search function but didn't find any results.

Rob and Lisa
4 REPLIES 4

Life_In_Serenit
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Yes it is a manual. But push button start. Don't know if that makes a difference for the steering wheel. I will have to check but I don't think the steering wheel locks.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 13 elantra, in the book it does state how to tow. Key is required to be in and on so be sure to turn everything off if you go the 4 down route and make sure there is a charge line installed. I didn't have one and the battery was dead the 1st day out. Have towed it about 7000 miles no issues. Have falcon all terrain setup with roadmaster bars and base plates. I also have the SMI brake system and had the diode light wires installed.

Yours is a manual trans right? Automatics cannot be towed 4 down. BTW I also have the extended warranty just had a wheel bearing go out and it was covered by the factory warranty.

Life_In_Serenit
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you I don't know why I didn't check instead of taking my dealerships word for it.
We appreciate you taking the time to do the research of me.

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
The 2013 Hyundai Veloster with a manual transmission is four down towable.
http://www.royrobinsonrv.com/images/pdf/DinghyGuide2013.pdf
Both Blue Ox and Roadmaster list base plates for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster. I wouldn't waste my time or money on a tow dolly for that vehicle. If you have an automatic you probably need a tow dolly.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot