cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Honda CRV - What will the front-end look like?

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Honda CRV that we plan to tow. Previously had a 2003 Honda CRV with Roadmaster Falcon2. Will likely stay with the Roadmaster base system, but need new baseplate installed on the 2014 CRV. Wife is worried what the car will look like after install. Does anyone have pics of their after baseplate installation of the front end of the car?
7 REPLIES 7

cire
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 CRV with a Roadmaster system. I love it. I previously had a 1999 CRV with a Roadmaster system. The new Roadmaster system is great. I fancy myself pretty aware of all the available systems. The following detail is the reason I am so pleased with the Roadmaster base plate. I ordered the -5 option. Sorry I'm too lazy to dig up the full number of the base plate but the -5 option is great. It's light (5#-8#) for each side. Easy to remove and reinstall. Does NOT require the cross bar usually required on Roadmasters. And it looks great when you remove the two pieces.

The only thing that is visible on the front of the CRV when you remove the attachments are two rings, about 1.5" each. There are also two tabs that project for attaching the safety cables. (These two tabs are nearly invisible.) I want to add that it is incredibly easy to remove or reinstall the attachments. You bend down, pull a spring loaded pin, rotate the attachments 180 degrees and pull out. You don't need to get on your knees to disconnect.

Good luck on your choice.

Eric
currently in Las Vegas
Eric Perplies
full timing since 6/04 with best friend and wife: Suzie
1996 Bluebird Wanderlodge, 42'
towing a 14' Honda CRV

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you already have Roadmaster, look at the bracket types here. Then see which ones you like here.
Then you can look up the install instructions. You might even decide to install the bracket (base plate) yourself. In any case, every instruction sheet I've looked up, shows a pic of the finished installation.
BlueOx earned its reputation for cleaner looks back when Roadmaster was still doing all those "XL and "MX" brackets. Your 2003 has one of those. The 2014 CRV shows only "EZ" series brackets, EZ2 EZ4 and EZ5. Check'em out, you might be pleasantly surprised. Roadmaster has really cleaned up its look.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Captjack
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 2011 CRV w the Blue Ox baseplate. When the removable pins are installed they look like the machine guns on one of James Bond's old cars. Little to show when removed and very clean.

deppeler
Explorer
Explorer
I chose the Blue Ox BX2258 baseplate for our 2013 CR-V for that very reason...clean install.
2007 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32BA 'The Mothership'
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD 'The Pod'

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also have a Falcon 2 I've been using since 2003 and really like the new Roadmaster base plate with the turn lock feature on my 2013 CRV. PM me with you email address and I can send you pictures. Dick

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the Roadmaster site. I think they have installation manuals that show the completed installation. I do think Blue Ox has a cleaner looking installation though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the Etrailer.com site and search for a Blue Ox BX2258 baseplate. I think your wife will be quite pleased with the appearance of the CRV using this baseplate.