cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Jeep Cherokee Satellite Radio Signal

johncamtravel
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had a problem with the satellite signal on their 2014 jeep Cherokee Limited or any vehicle. As I drive listening to the Satellite Radio it looses signal a lot. Sometimes it stops for a second or two and other times it says searching for satellite signal and that could be five or ten seconds. Is this normal??. It does not do this on my Ram truck.
The dealer is trying to tell me this is normal. It is so annoying to try to listen to a radio that keeps going off and on. It seems to happen near a lot of trees. Any help would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
MRUSA wrote:
question for those of you with 2014 Chrokee or Grand Cherokee. Do the new models suffer from the problems with shifting the gearcase in and out of neutral, like the older ones are having? I was told it is only pre-2011 models that have the problem but I'd like to confirm this.

No problem at all, just follow the directions in the manual

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
question for those of you with 2014 Chrokee or Grand Cherokee. Do the new models suffer from the problems with shifting the gearcase in and out of neutral, like the older ones are having? I was told it is only pre-2011 models that have the problem but I'd like to confirm this.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2014 Cherokee will lose signal. It's very consistent. Not a big deal to us. When the one year free service is up we will go back to Pandora.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
My '14 GC does the same thing. I had it to the stealer and they flashed the radio saying it was fixed. Worked fine for awhile but not anymore so back to the stealer.

For those with WK2 model Jeeps, you might find this list interesting. WK2 Jeep TSB List

johncamtravel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys for the info about the TSB. I looked it up and printed it out for the dealer. I will be there on Monday to try to get this
squared away. That's why I love these forums.
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting I took delivery of mine in early November and have not had any problems in the 11,000 miles I have driven it
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Take it back to the dealer. Tell them the issue, and then tell them to perform TSB: 08-089-13. Entitled: Poor Sirius Satellite Radio Reception. And it does apply to the 2014 Cherokee. A new, upgraded antenna should be installed.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
. Trees? Don't know.

mine certainly can lose a signal under trees.
bumpy

Cuffs054
Explorer
Explorer
John, I've had it before and its back again. Last time I called XM and they "reset" the radio. It did help. I need to call.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it doesn't do that on your truck, then I'd be looking at your antenna connection on the other vehicle.

It's normal to lose signal when driving near high cliffs, tunnels.. anything overhead. Trees? Don't know.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman