cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Jeep Cherokee Towing

donee
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Cherokee Limited and are getting it setup as a toad.
Question I have is, if you have a newer Jeep Cherokee, what are you using for a brake setup on the toad?
Thanks.
donnie (K7UTA) & Linda
1 rescued furrykid "Buddy"
2016 Fleetwood SouthWind 32VS
14 Jeep Cherokee
K7UTA
7 REPLIES 7

BPoland858
Explorer
Explorer
I stand corrected. I had tunnel vision with the 4X4 models. You are correct. A FWD Cherokee can be put on a dolly.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
BPoland858 wrote:
jwilson32 wrote:
Is your Cherokee 2wd or 4wd? I have a 15' Cherokee Sport 2wd and wondering if it can be setup as a toad? I called the dealership and they were not much help...

If so, can you point me in the direction as to what I would need to tow it?

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, I just didnโ€™t want to clutter the forum with another similar post.

In order to be towed 4 down, you need the Active Drive II, which is only available in 4X4 models. NO Jeep Cherokee 2WD or 4X4 regardless of Active Drive I or Active Drive II or FWD can be towed on a dolly. It's either 4 down, or 4 on a trailer.

I just bought a 15 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 and I looked in both the '14 and '15 manuals.

I believe this isn't all correct. The FWD can be dolly towed from the front wheels - Active drive I - no towing possible unless on a trailer / active drive II can be 4 down.

All the above can be towed on a trailer.

Page 536

http://www.jeep.com/download/pdf/manuals/2014-Cherokee-OM-2nd.pdf

BPoland858
Explorer
Explorer
jwilson32 wrote:
Is your Cherokee 2wd or 4wd? I have a 15' Cherokee Sport 2wd and wondering if it can be setup as a toad? I called the dealership and they were not much help...

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, I just didnโ€™t want to clutter the forum with another similar post.

In order to be towed 4 down, you need the Active Drive II, which is only available in 4X4 models. NO Jeep Cherokee 2WD or 4X4 regardless of Active Drive I or Active Drive II or FWD can be towed on a dolly. It's either 4 down, or 4 on a trailer.

I just bought a 15 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 and I looked in both the '14 and '15 manuals.

donee
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
Brake Buddy. Hopefully you have the active II drive train.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes we do have the Active II drivetrain.
Shop called and the unit I chose is a RVi brake unit.
Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get it completed.
donnie (K7UTA) & Linda
14 Jeep Cherokee
K7UTA

donee
Explorer
Explorer
jwilson32 wrote:

I would ask another dealer and see what they say.
From what I understand, the only Cherokee that can be towed four down is the Active Drive II drive train which is a four wheel drive with a neutral position.
You may be able to tow it on a dolly but I am not sure.
Sorry I can't help more.
donnie (K7UTA) & Linda
14 Jeep Cherokee
K7UTA

jwilson32
Explorer
Explorer

Jordan Wilson
02' Coachmen Cross Country Elite 354 DP

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Brake Buddy. Hopefully you have the active II drive train.