cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Wrangler Unlimited questions

ljhl
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking at a 2015 Jeep Unlimited with the 3 piece black plastic Freedom tops and would like some input from owners about their satisfaction with the air conditioning system. We live in Houston and travel to some other hotter than heck places and wonder if owners think the a/c is up to the task.
Also, I'd be transferring my Roadmaster Even Brake box from my CRV to the Jeep.....any issues there? Thanks for any info!!
2007 Dutch Star 4023
Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee
20 REPLIES 20

ljhl
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we drove a new Unlimited and I really liked it....the DW, not so much, she had a hard time getting in and out of the front seat even with the factory running boards. The back seat doesn't have any hand-holds for getting in or out either. Long story short, I now have a new Subaru Forester.....maybe I'll have a Jeep in my next life....
2007 Dutch Star 4023
Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
I have both tops, one is no better than the other. Either top is adequate for heating and cooling.

WW
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
acut2660 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Dealer by me has a really cheap lease special right now so thinking of picking up a new JK with some low monthly payments and then just buy it out at the end of the lease.

I would check the terms of the lease very closely. Most leases prohibit making modifications to the leased vehicle. I'm thinking baseplate and wiring harness. You might be prohibited from towing it as well. This wouldn't be a problem if you are buying at the end of the lease, but you might have major headaches if you took it in for warranty work.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

acut2660
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Dealer by me has a really cheap lease special right now so thinking of picking up a new JK with some low monthly payments and then just buy it out at the end of the lease.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
My Jeep hardtop ... cool ... no problem. Fan speed does not seem to have a low. The lowest setting really blows.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
acut2660 wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but I am new to dinghy towing. I am looking at leasing a JK and was curious if the odometer recorded while towing.

I have a 2013, BIL has a 2012, and a neighbor has a 2015. None of them add any miles while towing.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Nearly all modern vehicles have electronic instrument panels, including the speedometer/odometer. When the system has no power (switch OFF), the speedometer/odometer is inoperative, so mileage will not be recorded.
I think it would be advisable to check the terms of the lease agreement to ensure that attaching the towbar and modifying the lights does not violate the agreement.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

acut2660
Explorer
Explorer
This may be a stupid question, but I am new to dinghy towing. I am looking at leasing a JK and was curious if the odometer recorded while towing.

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
My 2015 Wrangler Unlimited with the hard top was painted white from the factory. No cooling problems in south Florida.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

ljhl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your info folks!!
2007 Dutch Star 4023
Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
I have both tops, the 3 piece hard top, and the canvas top, and live in a hot climate. I tried the canvas top, found it was like being in a canvas tent, put the hard top back on after a week of 90 plus, and the canvas is sitting in the rafters of the garage, probably will never use it again.
While the hardtop is hot to touch, the A/C does cool it down when it is 100 plus outside. I would recommend investing in the after market insulation pads, they will make the A/C much more efficient in the summer, and helps with heating during the winter.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

CactusJoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Jeep JK 2-door with the black soft top in Phoenix AZ. AC works great, cabin is usually ice cold within a few minutes even on 110+ degree days.

-JB

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Have a good paint shop paint the top of the top white. That will reduce the internal temps considerably.
DO NOT try a "Krylon overhaul". The top must be prepped and primed properly or the paint will not adhere!
The A/C in my 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited worked just fine in Southern Ca, Nevada, and even on 100+ degree days here in Montana. No, I did not paint the top. There were times, however, when I wished I would have!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the Jeep Forum you will be able to get great info just like we do here. I have a 2015 unlimited but have not taken the hard top off yet.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"