cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who else is into final countdown mode. The great weather this weekend must have the travel itch going for many.

It has been over 5 months since we have even SEEN our truck & trailer. The 12 hour commute to go & get it starts early monday morning with a plane ride to NY, sit & wait 5 hours in JFK then a short hop to Baltimore followed by a land shuttle to the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

We get there too late to get it out of storage & off to a CG but we will connect the battery, get that recharging after a winter of no attention, turn the fridge on & open the windows to get started on getting the smell of mothballs out of it. Hotel for the night. YUCK!

Next day it is back to trailer, get it out of storage, head straight to a CG, park it & head to a nearby market to load up on virtually everything.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995
10 REPLIES 10

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from our weekend "shakedown cruise". Everything worked and we just took it easy for the remainder of the weekend. I hope it works out that well when we head to Memphis next month.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bigdog wrote:
Hi VeeBees... We went out for a couple of days last week to Belfair state park on Hood Canal and had a great time. Heading for Port Townsend and Point Hudson Marina and Rv Park on the 21st. Got our reservations made for at least two multi day trips in June,July and August,so it looks as if it's gonna be a great summer. One fun trip in June is to Prosser,Wa for some wine tasting,actually more like a lot, and their Scottish Highland Games.
Got a case of Gosling's Ginger Beer and my Black Seal Rum and so I'm set for making my Dark and Stormy's.:B:B Where do you find the 100 proof Black Seal like you had at the rally at Longview?:B

Hey there Bird Dog. The only place I have found the high octane Black Seal is in airport duty free shops. Even retail here is the same as everywhere else. The Goslings Ginger Beer has sort of taken over. Barritts GB is easy to get here. Packing a case of that today & get a couple bottles of the high octane Black Seal tomorrow.

DW & I are like a couple kids on Christmas Eve today. Can't wait to get off The Rock even if the first week or so will be preparation maintenance before wheels really get rolling.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Hi VeeBees... We went out for a couple of days last week to Belfair state park on Hood Canal and had a great time. Heading for Port Townsend and Point Hudson Marina and Rv Park on the 21st. Got our reservations made for at least two multi day trips in June,July and August,so it looks as if it's gonna be a great summer. One fun trip in June is to Prosser,Wa for some wine tasting,actually more like a lot, and their Scottish Highland Games.
Got a case of Gosling's Ginger Beer and my Black Seal Rum and so I'm set for making my Dark and Stormy's.:B:B Where do you find the 100 proof Black Seal like you had at the rally at Longview?:B
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

SuperDutyMan
Explorer
Explorer
Brought ours home from buddies garage Thursday,hadn't seen it since Oct.Scubbed the roof and awning today and installed my LED lights under awning,wife cleaned inside,it was 72 today,tomorrow it will be upper 70s,going to scub the outside,and start loading....WOOOOHOOO!!
2011 Palomino Sabre 31RETS,5th Wheel,Triple Slide,4000W Onan Genset
2006 Super Duty,XLT, V10, 6 Speed, 4.10, Tow Command, Tow Pkg. 4X4,Dual Exhaust,K&N,Reese 15K,Air Bags

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Making my final camping menu this weekend so I can 'live' the feeling.
You're in luck; good travelling weather into JFK forecasted for Monday; won't even need a coat but a sweater would be useful.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Went camping last week. First trip of the year. Leaving next weekend for week long trip to Destin Florida. Spending li Memorial Day weekend up in mount Airy (hour north of us) and then we have reservations for a week in Hilton Head, Sc during July 4th week.

Washed the exterior of it today. Gotta take it in Monday for them them to do a couple things. Will finish packing up towards the end of the week.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Yeah, itchy feet all right. Usually get the TT out at least once in late fall or winter, but this year the only action it's seen has ben as a guest room for the DD and SIL at christmas, and _I_ didn't getta use it. Almost went this weekend, but the garden planting is behind 'cause it has been too wet to till, so we've ben catching up this weekend.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We just got home 2 days ago. Time to plant the vegetables and open the pool.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Hope it survived the brutal winter the east coast has had.

Hope you enjoy your travels this season.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog