cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Abusing

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe there are people like this that video themselves abusing WallMart's layover generosity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slMn1e4tAvM&feature=youtu.be

Any thoughts? Is this the wrong thread to post this?
Have Fun,
2007 Jayco JayFeather 20BH
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
82 REPLIES 82

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is this;
If one person is not a big deal, then surely two people wouldn't be a big deal either. And if 2, then how about 3? And so on and so on. At some point it becomes obvious why this isn't a good idea.

It's like littering. One candy bar wrapper or cigarette butt isn't a problem. The problem is the # of times that this is done. Now, the only reason people don't take showers in Walmart parking lots is probably because they don't realize they would get away with it. But this guy is his own worst enemy; showing others how to do a thing will over stay his welcome to do so on the sly at Walmart.

Besides, why at Walmart? Why not down the road and on some dirt area where the water is absorbed not a puddle in a common area many people are going to be exposed to? I'm sure there are plenty of grassy areas he could have parked and the water / waste issue would not be a concern.

So, unless you are willing to have dozens taking showers in walmart's parking lot, I'd say it is not a good idea to advocate this guy's practice.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! I would consider this action abusing the privilege.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't shop at Walmart much I am more of a Fred Meyer kind of shopper.

I don't put down Walmart or big business for wanting to make a profit. Yes, I know they impact the small business man but that is the way the world has gone. You can't put the Genie back in the bottle.

IMHO I think as soon as Amazon can figure out one day free shipping thing it will put walkin retail stores out of business...
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
And isn't that the point of all this. It matters not what anyone here thinks of the behavior exhibited by those in Walmart's parking lots. It matters only if Walmart decides it's hurting sales.

From what I've seen, I don't think the occasional shower is going to affect their sales - not with all the other stuff going on in and around Walmart stores.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
1L243 wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
Steeljag wrote:
Homelessness , Showering, Trash and other out of the ordinary behavior will end it for over nighting for all!

Don't worry, just as soon as WM thinks it hurts sales, all these behaviors will be stopped so fast that your head will spin.

Don't forget, everything, ever little detail, every thing WM does is aimed at increasing/supporting sales.

That is what WM is and what they do.

As would anyone who owns a business would do....Walmart is not special in that regard...

I agree, been in business my entire career, but they are more focused on making the sale, and selling anything that makes a profit than the average business even can imagine.

Never said they were special. They just do it better than anyone else.

There is nothing wrong with this. They are not the world's largest company, by revenue, for nothing!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dog Folks wrote:
Steeljag wrote:
Homelessness , Showering, Trash and other out of the ordinary behavior will end it for over nighting for all!

Don't worry, just as soon as WM thinks it hurts sales, all these behaviors will be stopped so fast that your head will spin.

Don't forget, everything, ever little detail, every thing WM does is aimed at increasing/supporting sales.

As would anyone who owns a business would do....Walmart is not special in that regard...
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Steeljag wrote:

Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
The suspects in the Cottonwood Walmart were using it as a campground in a suburban and not as a self contained RVer for a short overnight stay. I thought it was metaphor as what Walmart should not be used as.

jandjbaums
Explorer
Explorer
1L243 wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
This video is NOT going to turn the overnight world of Walmart into a showering fiasco. Seriously folks, not one person on this thread has posted "Hey, that's a great idea! I'm gonna get me a set up like that and start showering at Walmart!"

Why?

1. Because an outdoor shower is nothing new. Folks have been using these camping, backpacking, etc. for years.

2. Because RVers aren't homeless looking for a way to handle their personal care needs while living in their cars.

3. Because the homeless are already doing stuff like this as a way to handle their personal care needs while living in their cars.*

Relax. This one guy is NOT destroying the Walmart camping experience for everyone. This one guy is NOT stealing your children's innocence. This one guy is NOT changing the way the world works. This one guy IS a guy with no money trying to post videos that catch the attention of viewers in order to make a few bucks.

*Whether you agree with it or not is beside the point. Homeless ARE doing it. But seriously folks, they are usually pretty good at doing it in inconspicuous times and places in order to not get busted. Getting mad at this guy isn't going to change that.

Well maybe not to you but taking a shower in the parking lot to Walmart is something new to me.

Yes, people have to stay clean but there are public showers or truck stops. There is a time and a place.

What you think this is the only guy living in a van at Walmart. I see them there all the time.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/11/deadly-brawl-erupts-between-family-cops-outside-of-wal-mart/
And that news story has what to do with swowering in a walmart parking lot?
  • 07 Toyota Tacoma double cab
  • 2011 Stellar 18cb TH

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart, due to their wanting to "assist" RVers, are becoming homeless camps. Even our small town WM has the same several cars / vans parked over on the side. I spoke with the night security guard who advised he is aware of the them, runs them off, and after a few days they come back.

Apparently they stay somewhere until the $ runs out, and then it's back to Walmart.

Perhaps WM does not want to get involved in a civil litigation of defining a car / van over night "camper" to a $ 20,000 plus RV "camper".

2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I saw a deer take a dump in a WalMart parking lot once. Maybe someone should call the cops on him and have him arrested. :B

I have also seen a video of a guy walking his pet alligator in WalMart too. I'm sure after seeing the "people of WalMart" videos a guy talking a shower is the least of their worries.

Well that sounds like justification if I ever heard it.. Where's my bar soap!

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a deer take a dump in a WalMart parking lot once. Maybe someone should call the cops on him and have him arrested. :B

I have also seen a video of a guy walking his pet alligator in WalMart too. I'm sure after seeing the "people of WalMart" videos a guy talking a shower is the least of their worries.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
whiteeye42 wrote:
about gray water it is no different than washing your car in the street in front of your house the water

There's a big difference between the soapy water that comes off a car and the soapy water that comes off a dirty body. There are germs on the human body as well as who knows what on our back sides, no matter how much we wipe when we poop. Those germs and bacteria don't die when they get washed off our bodies. If the water pools up in the parking lot and stays there, it will get pretty gross after a few days.

-Michael

this is bs and you know it have you ever seen what comes off your car do you know for sure what you have driven through around town on the highway off road in campgrounds no you don't and soap kills germs that's why they tell you to wash your hands after going to the restroom i would be more concerned about what comes off the car (ie: oil ,gas, cow poop, dog poop, decaying animals, bird poop just to name a few things) than what comes off a body.
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't really care if he has his own hazmat recycling center in his van or if he showers at 2am or 2pm... A Walmart parking lot is not the place to do it.

Dumping your Gray,Wash water on the ground is not allowed in the County, State or National Park I have stayed at. I would assume most cities would frown on that as well..