cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adco Cover

weaselz
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased an Adco cover from camping world last Nov. While opening up the other day, 2 of the 4 zippers came apart and would not zip back up. After calling Adco, I was told how to repair the zippers with WD-40 and pliers. I was concerned having to do this on a fairly new cover that it may happen again. So the Adco rep. told me I have a one time replacement option in my 2 year warranty period. My question is, has anyone with the new adco covers experienced this problem. Is it a defect or just a coincidence. I'm still waiting on adco to email me info on starting a claim. Not sure if they will. Not sure if it was money well spent.
4 REPLIES 4

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I would try the fix, then request a new one if it doesn't work. I've not had any problem with mine, but have come across plenty of finicky zippers on other things.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine is outside the warranty period, every time the wind blew, it wore holes in it everywhere it touched something, awning & topper levers, storage compartment thumb latches, rear bumper, it just went to the land fill last week, going to put up a 20' X 40'X 12' metal car/rv port.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't have a problem with zippers, but this past Feb. one of the cinch straps on the front of our Adco cover tore from the cover, ripping a large hole in the cover that I figured was un-fixible. Cover was just under 16 months old.
Contacted Adco, started warranty claim, sent the pictures and info they requested. Claim approved, and two weeks later had a brand new $400 cover delivered. Only cost was $35 bucks for shipping.
I wouldn't worry about your broblem. If you can't fix it they most likely will honor the warranty
Grumpy

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I've use my adco cover for 3 years now and have had no problems. Mine has straps that go under the trailer to attach to the other side on both sides of each zipper. Do you have them?